Community Based Programs - Post Secondary Success
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the Director of Post-Secondary Success, the Career Development Manager
is a strategic leader, with deep knowledge of the postsecondary success landscape and has a deep commitment to advancing career opportunities for students and alumni from underserved communities. They will play a key role in innovating and leading the long-term planning and growth of DREAM's career programs for its alumni, and by ensuring program excellence as the program scales to serve nearly 1000 students over the next 10 years. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and lead career-enhancing programming (networking events, professional development workshops, career fairs, internships, etc.) and career development services (job search support, networking, career coaching, and leadership development)
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, including DREAM's advancement team, to create and implement partnership strategies with corporate partners, university career centers, and partnerships for alternative (non-college) career pathways
- Provide career development services to DREAM students and alumni, connecting and supporting alumni with pursuing internal career development opportunities at DREAM, including Summer Youth Employment, teaching fellowships, full-time job opportunities, and our internal internship program
- Manage data systems related to career services and tracking key participant activities and outcomes (primarily in Salesforce)
- Scale systems to warehouse and manage opportunities for alumni
- Supervise Legends Program Coordinator, and in future years, hire and manage additional Program Coordinators to ensure effective case management and program outcomes for alumni.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 4+ years working with young adults (adolescents and early career professionals), strongly preferred
- Experience facilitating career programming, strongly preferred
- Experience managing a team and volunteers, a plus
- Experience working in corporate settings, a plus
- Event planning experience, preferred
- Database management skills (e.g. Salesforce), preferred
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with a team and across teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel (typically within NY), including for occasional weekend and evening work
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.DREAM MAXIMS
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/4e1m6wcDpbX2sL1nIJj2b" />