The Gotham Film & Media Institute (formerly IFP) has been one of the leading non-profit supporters of independent film for over forty years, launching the careers of some of the boldest filmmakers working today. The organization is building out the marketing and membership department and in need of a Membership & Marketing Manager to lead the organization’s marketing efforts. The Membership & Marketing Manager is a full-time staff position reporting to the Deputy Director with various tasks that serve the advancement of the entire Gotham Film & Media Institute community. This involves developing and implementing marketing plans across all of the organization’s activities, developing membership initiatives to obtain new members and retain current members, managing the membership & marketing coordinator, among others.
The position is 40 hours a week and includes health benefits including medical and dental. The candidate should live in New York and be able to come into the office intermittently beginning in September 2021 with a full return in January 2022. The salary is commensurate with experience and comparable to manager level jobs at similar organizations.
● Manage and curate year-round membership events. Management & curation include: development of membership year-round programming in conjunction with Membership and Marketing Coordinator, manage virtual and in-person events with support from Membership and Marketing Coordinator (management includes procuring panelists and moderators, introducing The Gotham at events on site/virtual, speaking with members about their experience, among others).
o The Gotham hosts up to 10 membership events per month such as networking events, classes, panels, screenings, workshops and more. The Membership & Marketing Manager is required to attend at least half of the events if not more depending on the month (e.g. Gotham Week will require more event attendance).
● Develop and implement membership initiatives to create more community engagement and educational opportunities for members.
● Work with Deputy Director to determine strategic partnerships for membership initiatives and also act as primary contact for select partnerships.
● Utilize analytics related to marketing communications and membership to develop overall retention strategy for members across all tiers (Digital, Essential, Z, Pro).
● Work with programming department to develop membership initiatives to support the creators we serve through year-round programming (Gotham Week , Labs, among others).
● Host monthly member orientations to procure new members and engage the organization’s current membership community.
● Develop and implement year-round marketing campaigns and content strategy to support all Gotham related activities. Such activities include: year-round membership program, Gotham Week, Gotham Labs, Gotham Awards, Gotham Audio Awards, among others.
● Steward the ongoing development of the Gotham’s brand identity and oversee evolution of campaign creative with consistent visual and literal brand messaging.
● Develop and manage year-round marketing budget that should be implemented across various marketing tools such as Print and Digital advertising, Social Media advertising, Google Ad Words, and other tools the Membership & Marketing Manager deems appropriate to implement upon approval by the Deputy Director.
● Drive a robust metrics and measurement program to assess the ROI/effectiveness of various marketing programs and the overall marketing budget. Recommend changes to campaign strategy as appropriate.
● Manage and implement membership communications strategy and community communications. This includes e-blasts and newsletters (membership newsletter, general community newsletter, program-specific communications, among others).
● Develop membership drive calendar and implement drives in conjunction with Membership & Marketing Coordinator. This includes overall strategy of drives and developing copy creation, determining graphic design needs (coordinating needs with intern and/or freelancer graphic design support), and communications creation (blasts, newsletter inclusions, partnership outreach).
● Oversee Gotham social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook) and work with Marketing & Membership Coordinator to develop and implement year-round social media calendar.
● Work with Gotham strategic partners on cross-promotional marketing opportunities. This includes proactively working with existing partners and developing new partnerships.
● Oversee digital marketing across all Gotham related websites. This includes working with website developer to ensure front-end of website is up-to-date and includes all information needed to market Gotham related activities.
● Oversee Slack channel, Dropbox, and other digital tools for the organization. Provide recommendations for digital tools that can support the activities of the organization (e.g. CRM system).
● Provide quarterly updates to senior team on marketing and membership analytics, providing a SWOT on where the organization stands in these areas.
● Work with Development team to support on marketing related needs for development activities. This includes fundraising appeal communications, sponsorship marketing requests, among others.
● Bachelor’s Degree in a related field – e.g. Marketing, Business Development, Journalism
● At least 4-5 years of directly related experience, e.g. marketing, membership at a non-profit organization, community building
● At least 4-5 years of event production experience
● Strong knowledge of the media & entertainment industry (Film, TV, and Audio storytelling industry)
● Excellent analytical skills and ability to use data to develop successful marketing and content strategy plans across various platforms (advertising, social media, e-communications)
● Outstanding organizational skills and ability take initiative and self-manage workload while performing well in a fast-paced environment and against deadlines
● Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise tactfully with the Gotham’s membership community and Industry professionals at all levels
● Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in recording, tracking and issuing information
● Some knowledge of new platforms, mediums and storytelling formats
● Diversity of thought and culture is important as well as inclusive work attitude
● Strong work ethic and ability to maintain a positive attitude with a flexible and collaborative approach at all times to work cross-departmentally within the organization
● Working knowledge and proficiency in database use, Zoom, Slack, and ability to adapt virtual tools for events and programming
● Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
● Experience with CRM
The Gotham Film & Media Institute is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment within our organization and industry.
The Gotham Film & Media Institute (formerly IFP) has been one of the leading non-profit supporters of independent film for over forty years, launching the careers of some of the boldest filmmakers working today. The organization is…
Healthcare, 403b, PTO
Healthcare, 403b, PTO
Please submit Cover Letter & Resume