The Overnight Safety & Community Liaison is a unique position that promotes the safety, security, and functionality of the Cocoon House The HUB property, while also building relationships and maintaining a positive atmosphere for the tenant and larger community. The Overnight Safety & Community Liaison is first and fore most responsible for promoting tenant and community relations and the overall safety and security of the building both inside and out. We are looking to fill the position with someone who takes pride in the welcoming and inclusive Cocoon House community and helps to ensure an environment where tenants, staff and the community feel safe.
Duties and responsibilities
TENANT AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
· Build a sense of community and help promote a safe and positive atmosphere in the Journeys program for tenants.
· Maintain professional boundaries with tenants while providing a supportive community environment.
· Have the skills to be a creative problem solver.
· Work independently on shifts, including weekends, based on the needs of the program.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
· Conduct security checks, routine walks and use camera system to monitor the exterior and interior of the property.
· Follow protocols for communicating with tenants and community members, including using de-escalation techniques when necessary.
· Follow protocols to consult with Property Manager for significant after-hours emergencies.
· Help to promote and enforce no guests during non-visiting hours.
· Respond to lockouts as needed and while on shift.
· Strong and effective communication skills; proficient in crisis intervention/de-escalation or be willing to learn these skills.
· Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Pass a DSHS background check.
· Training in the following is desirable but not required: trauma informed care, LGBTQ+ cultural competency, racial equity and anti-racist institutions, domestic violence, commercial and sexual exploitation of children (CSEC), and vicarious trauma.
The person filling this position would expect to work in all types of weather conditions while walking the grounds; Indoor conditions including walking the interior of the building, sitting at a work station, using a computer and interacting with tenants.
· Must have the ability to run up and down indoor and outdoor stairwells in case of youth emergency.
· Hear voice conversations and alarms.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to reach, handle and operate telephone, computer keyboard, record information in appropriate youth files and logs.
Cocoon House will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified persons with disabilities if requested.
The Overnight Safety & Community Liaison is a unique position that promotes the safety, security, and functionality of the Cocoon House The HUB property, while also building relationships and maintaining a positive…