Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need. No child should go hungry in America – we’re on our way to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold, creative, always open to new ideas, and 100% dedicated to our mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider becoming part of our team.
The Senior Manager of Culinary Events, New York will be responsible for fundraising through the execution of culinary activities in New York to significantly grow revenue over the next three years. With a focus on identifying and developing local leadership and relationships of volunteers, local corporate sponsors, major donors, chefs and culinary professionals, this individual will manage of a portfolio of events to support NYC’s Taste of the Nation, No Kid Hungry dinners, and other cultivation events.
Additional work includes Share Our Strength representation in New York, especially with program and corporate partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Oversee the NYC Taste of the Nation, the Night Out For No Kid Hungry Dinner, our Reboule du Rhône event, and other fundraising/cultivation events and convenings throughout the year.
· In partnership with the Director of Taste of the Nation, plan, execute, and drive revenue for NYC’s Taste of the Nation, including engaging the culinary community, the volunteer committee and local, regional and national sponsors.
· Plan and execute Night Out for No Kid Hungry and other cultivation and fundraising events for the NYC market, including Reboule du Rhône, a multi-day series of wine events.
· Develop event budgets, work plans, and strategies.
· Conceive strategy for and implement all aspects of event execution as necessary, including robust sponsorship packages, effective marketing and ticket sales strategies, well-curated silent and live auctions, and recruitment of new and perennial restaurants and chefs.
· Strengthen and develop existing and new relationships in event markets with restaurants and culinary professionals, corporate sponsors, in-kind donors, vendors (in partnership with contracted event management firm), auction donors, major donors, and event attendees.
· Contribute as necessary to headquarters’ best practices for engagement and processes involving volunteers, chefs, and staff.
· Collaborate closely with Share Our Strength’s state-level development team.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, community development, business administration, or a related field.
· At least 6 years of event and individual fundraising experience in highly dynamic environments.
· 1-3 years of people management experience.
· Ability to organize own work and perform independently while closely and appropriately coordinating with team members.
· Very strong interpersonal, intercultural, and verbal/written communication skills.
· Excellent information management and organizational skills, with great attention to detail.
· Demonstrated high level of reliability and follow-through.
· Poise and professionalism in working effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
· Strong capacity to handle multiple activities, events, and projects simultaneously.
· Volunteer management experience.
· Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
· Solid computer skills, including MS Office Suite and Raiser’s Edge.
· Knowledge of the culinary community a plus.
· Ability to lift 20lbs.
· Valid driver’s license, and ability to travel up to 20%.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please upload cover letter with salary requirements and resume. No calls please.