225 Bush Street
We’re looking for a Program Coordinator/Career Advisor!
What will you do? Our pathway programs provide industry-specific skills training to equip job seekers with skills and experience needed to secure sustainable employment. We also offer job search training and support through the Job Search Accelerator (JSA) for job seekers who already possess occupation-specific skills. You will work across the Technology Career Pathways and JSA programs. Your primary job will be to coordinate and manage a skills training program focused on preparing individuals for entry-level positions in the accounting field/office administration, including training in QuickBooks and other applicable software. You will also provide job search services to clients by facilitating weekly job search groups, delivering individual career advising and collaborating with the JSA team to deliver monthly programs.
What do we need from our applicants? A passion for the JVS mission, and:
● Strong organizational, project, priority and time management skills; attention to detail
● Strong computer proficiency: MS office suite and CRM database experience
● Ability to build strong partnerships broadly, with organizations, employers, individuals
● Familiarity with Bay Area technology and community-based organization landscape
● Strong presentation, public speaking and group facilitation skills
● Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills; persuasive communication skills
● Strong customer service/relationship management skills; able to work in a multicultural environment with diverse staff and clientele
● Experience providing employment services, job search/placement, career/job coaching
● Understanding of and experience with market/hiring trends in the Bay Area
● Experience in a successful community outreach or community coordination role
It would also be great if you have:
● Salesforce database proficiency
● Experience in professional networking skills, including building LinkedIn profiles
● Group facilitation skills
● B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent experience in relevant field
● Experience coordinating a skills-based training program
Want to Apply? Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com; please use Program Coordinator/Career Advisor in the subject line. Principals only, no phone calls, please.
JVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. We welcome diverse applicants. Please let us know if you need accommodations or auxiliary aids for the interview process.
Are there benefits? This is a full time (35 hours/week) position with benefits, including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, four weeks of vacation plus sick leave, most federal and Jewish holidays.
Salary Range: 54K – 58K, DOE – non-exempt position
Who are we? Founded in 1973, Jewish Vocational Service (JVS) transforms lives by helping people build skills and find jobs to achieve self-sufficiency. JVS is a non-sectarian, not-for-profit organization. For more information about the agency, and a full job description for this position, please visit our website at jvs.org.
Minimum Education Required