The Commonwealth Institute for Fiscal Analysis (TCI) provides independent research and analysis of state fiscal and economic policy issues in Virginia, with a focus on how these issues affect low- to moderate-income people in the Commonwealth. TCI’s mission is to use policy research and analysis to advance the well-being of Virginia communities, and improve the economic security and social opportunities of all Virginians.
TCI is seeking an experienced Grants Manager to manage a large (over $2 million annually) and growing grants portfolio at our organization. The grants portfolio is made up largely of foundation and non-profit organizational grants and awards. TCI respects, values and celebrates the attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person unique.
Bringing diverse individuals together allows TCI and allies to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face Virginia communities. TCI further recognizes that we live and work in a society that is structured by racism and white privilege, both of which adversely impact communities of color. It is one of TCI's core values that its organizational culture, staff, partners, strategies, and investments advance racial justice within and beyond the organization.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: Manage grant related activities of TCI:
● Coordinate and contribute to the writing and completion of grant proposals and reports
● Track all grants opportunities from existing funders and ensure applications and reports are submitted on time
● Use grant software and other leads to identify and present new grant opportunities for TCI or partners to apply to
● Maintain clear systems for tracking of donors, foundations, organizations and financial information
● Advance our stewardship of foundations and donors
● Administer grant funds including a system for grant deliverable tracking, cost allocation, and reporting
● Promptly respond to inquiries from funders, partners, and other interested parties
● Assist in maintaining budget tracking database and other in-house research tools
ADDITIONAL EXPECTATIONS: It is desired that the successful candidate also:
● Possess a problem solving approach to organizational challenges and help maintain an environment supportive of the same
● Serve as an open and available resource to colleagues across the organization
● Align with TCI’s culture of proactive management
● Have an understanding of how state policy can be used to advance both racial and economic justice in Virginia
● Excellent grant management skills with experience in managing and supervising administrative projects
● Possess excellent organizational skills
● Strong command over written and verbal communication
● Possess good knowledge of planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues
● Ability to work within a team
● Ability to perform in cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities
● Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting
● A multi-tasker with strong ability to work under pressure
● Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail
● Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and internet
Candidates should also be comfortable working in an open office environment, which fosters critical collaboration among colleagues. TCI embraces an “all hands on deck” work environment where everyone is vital to its success and there is a sense of both individual ownership and shared purpose. TCI’s focus is on outcomes, so its work style allows for flexibility and a solid work-life balance. Additionally, given the current COVID 19 health pandemic, this position will begin as a remote position. Once the TCI office reopens, the position will require the employee to be in the office.
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President, Program Management and Operations
BASED IN: Richmond, VA
TRAVEL: Occasional travel within and out of state may be requested.
SALARY and BENEFITS: We are open to this position being structured as either full-time or part-time. A full-time position would offer a salary range of $54,000 to $60,000 annually and a part-time position would be offered a competitive hourly rate. TCI also provides generous benefits including comprehensive health care, dental, and vision coverage; generous vacation leave; and a retirement plan with organizational matching contributions.
The Commonwealth Institute for Fiscal Analysis (TCI) provides independent research and analysis of state fiscal and economic policy issues in Virginia, with a focus on how these issues affect low- to moderate-income people in the…
TCI provides generous benefits including comprehensive health care, dental, and vision coverage; generous vacation leave; and a retirement plan with organizational matching contributions.
TCI provides generous benefits including comprehensive health care, dental, and vision coverage; generous vacation leave; and a retirement plan with organizational matching…
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Leigh Anne Collier at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Grants Manager Posting. No phone calls or other email inquiries please.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Leigh Anne Collier at email@example.com with the subject line: Grants Manager Posting. No phone calls or…