Details: Commensurate with education and experience
Jumpstart is a national early education organization that recruits and trains college students and community volunteers to work with preschool children in low-income neighborhoods. Through a research based curriculum, Jumpstart children develop the language and literacy skills they need to be ready for school, setting them on a path to close the achievement gap before it is too late. Join us to work toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed! Learn more at www.jstart.org.
The Financial Planning and Analysis Manager supports budgetary planning; developing and monitoring; grant and contract planning and reporting; and administrative operations in support of award and network goals and objectives, as established by Jumpstart. This position requires a high level of attention to the design and implementation of key systems that will effectively facilitate analysis and decision making around budgeting and forecasting. The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager reports directly to the Controller with a high level of interaction with budget owners network-wide.
• Support annual site budgeting process.
• Support annual organizational budgeting process including creation of budget tools and monitoring of submissions.
• Work closely with Business Development to support budget creation for new projects and cost modeling projections.
Ongoing Fiscal Support:
• Support budget application and clarification process with University staff and internal stakeholders.
• Complete Mid-Year Check Ins, Budget Modifications, and year-end closeout requests with budget owners.
• Support payroll to ensure accurate allocations of staff across public and private awards.
• Develop and maintain systems and documents to assist with conducting regular grant spenddown conversations with development and program staff across the network.
• Create and distribute regular budget to actual reports for various departments and sites across the network.
• Work with Senior Contract Manager and Finance and Award Manager to monitor and implement budgets and reforecasting.
Systems and Data Management:
• Support administration of grants management and budgeting system, Adaptive Insights.
• Support creation of system for financial reporting to predict changes to budget necessary to maintain a sustainable organization.
• Identify and support system connections, relationships, and integrations as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
• Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values: learning, connection, determination, joy and kindness
• Proficiency in all MS Office applications, especially Excel
• Desire to engage in extensive relationship building and collaboration
• Commitment to excellence and professionalism
• High level of attention to detail with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Systems-minded perspective with proven project management skills
• Ability to plan, implement, and balance multiple responsibilities and projects while performing at a high level in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Eagerness to solicit feedback, propose solutions, and demonstrate flexibility and desire for continuous improvement
• Commitment to participation as a critical member of the finance team and a part of the larger organization
• Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
Preferred or Ideal
• 2-4 years of relevant experience, including exposure to government funding
• Working knowledge of budgeting software, experience with Adaptive Insights a plus
• Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
Excellent benefits package, including health, dental, and vision plans; generous PTO and sick time; paid holidays; and a 401k plan with an employer match, along with a great work environment!
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete an online application. Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.