Details: PJC starts employees are paid, at a minimum, the livable wage as determined by the City of Burlington
60 Lake Street
The Volunteer Coordinator/Assistant Fair Trade Store Manager is a key role at the Peace & Justice Center and Store. The three main components of the job are to recruit and retain volunteers, day-to-day store operations, and assist our Fair Trade Education Program.
This is a 30 hour/week position; 29 hours will be regular scheduled hours during retail hours and one hour will remain unscheduled to compensate for situations that arise unexpectedly. Includes some weekends and holidays. Hours are subject to fluctuate dependent on store needs.
The ideal candidate will have management and/or customer service experience, strong interpersonal skills, a history of working with people from different backgrounds and ages, knowledge of the fair trade movement, and demonstrate a commitment to social justice issues. They must thrive in a fast-paced work environment and be able to work independently. This position also requires the ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds including race, socioeconomic status, ethnicity, gender, religious, ability, and age.
· Ensure coverage for the store at all times by managing the weekly and monthly calendar for store shifts
· Schedule and lead New Volunteer Orientations twice per month
· Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers and promote a positive work environment
· Oversee monthly volunteer meeting
· Record keeping and documentation of volunteer hours including administrative requirements for sending agencies
· Administrative tasks related to internship and work-study coordination.
· Interview potential interns, work study students, and work experience volunteers
· Coordinate volunteers for special events
· Share the Peace & Justice Center's mission with customers and provide the highest level of customer service.
· Advanced Point of Sale functions/inventory management
· Process orders that come in to the store, ensuring that pricing and coding is accurate.
· Work with the Store Manager in planning and carrying out store promotions, off site sales and special events. Be responsible for communicating any special promotions or events to volunteers.
· Assist the Store Manager to develop marketing and pamphlets about artisans and growers we partner with.
· Participate in physical store inventory twice a year and support monthly consignment inventory.
· Perform other duties assigned by the Store Manager.
· Daily store operations including proper opening and closing procedures.
· Respond to last minute store staffing changes.
· Create and maintain store displays while ensuring they are clean, safe, and presentable for customers.
· Regular cleaning, dusting, and straighten store and conference room to make sure our space looks welcoming, clean and organized.
· Receive and process orders in a timely manner
· Troubleshooting and problem solving with Point of Sale system and customer service.
Fair Trade Educational Program:
· Work in cooperation with the Fair Trade Program Manager and Programming Director to develop educational new presentations and special programs for the community.
· Coordinate and/or lead educational presentations for the public and in private settings.
· Help with promotion and other administrative tasks related to Fair Trade Education in addition to store communications
· Other administrative tasks to assist the center as needed.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 19.
PJC is an equal opportunity employer. People of all backgrounds encouraged to apply.