89 Bethany Road
Founded in response to the growing problem of family homelessness, Bethany Hill Place has a dual focus on housing and education. We are a secular 501c3 nonprofit organization sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston and guided by their values of unity, nonviolence and peaceful reconciliation of conflict, gracious hospitality and service to others without distinction. For 25 years, Bethany Hill Place has provided individuals and families in MetroWest with the affordable housing, educational opportunity, and community support to transform their lives.
The Director of Development reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for all aspects of the organization’s growing fundraising and stewardship activities. S/he will drive, coordinate, and with assistance of other staff and volunteers, implement all of the organization’s development efforts, including an annual gala, gift processing, donor stewardship, correspondence and communications, and donor database management for Bethany Hill Place.
· With Executive Director, create annual revenue projections and craft an annual workplan of fundraising goals, activities and event strategy;
· With Executive Director, build and grow relationships and organizational visibility in the metro west community, explore and develop opportunities for new sources of revenue;
· Drive and coordinate 200 person annual fundraising event: negotiate and secure venue & catering, oversee printing of all materials, mailings, maintain lists, etc ;
· Staff the Development Committee meetings of the Board of Trustees, working with Board members and volunteers to create successful events and engage members in the work of building major gifts;
· Conduct timely and accurate recording of all gifts to Bethany Hill Place, draft donor acknowledgments and stewardship correspondence and provide monthly revenue reconciliation with Accounting;
· With IVC volunteer, ensure that donor and prospect files are updated and maintained in Etapestry;
· Coordinate with Executive Director for special acknowledgement of donors when appropriate; send pledge reminders;
· Coordinate foundation support: research and assess prospective funders; assist with grant writing; coordinate application submission and monitor upcoming deadlines.
· BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ years of experience in fundraising, marketing and/or communications
· Excellent writing and proofreading skills and overall attention to detail. Demonstrated project and event-management experience
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Etapestry/Raisers Edge or similar fundraising software, Constant Contact e-correspondence, and ability to learn new programs, if needed.
· Highly organized, with ability to prioritize and to work both collaboratively and independently
· Effective communicator, able to maintain confidentiality
· Resourcefulness and comfort with Internet research.
· “Can-do” attitude and willingness to pitch in, as needed, in a small office setting.
Excellent health, dental and vision plans. FSA and 403b
Minimum Education Required