Details: Salary is commensurate with experience
The Community Service Society of New York (CSS), a 175-year-old organization dedicated to fighting economic disparity and improving the lives of New York City’s working poor, is seeking a bright, meticulous writer and creative thinker to complete our dynamic development team. The position is a growth opportunity for someone with one to two years grant-writing experience who is passionate about issues related to poverty and social justice.
- Work closely with the Director of Institutional Giving, and other staff in the creation of grant proposals to foundations, corporations and government agencies. Help organize each step in the grant submission and reporting process.
- Conduct extensive, targeted research of potential funders, including creating prospect profiles and bios of key staff. Maintain and update Development Dept’s searchable compilation of key foundations, including program areas, financial data, previous history, and staff/board members.
- Prepare grant acknowledgements, reports, and communicate progress and accomplishments of existing programs to funding sources. Attend meetings with new and existing funders, as well as serve as a key liaison between foundations and CSS staff.
- Assist in formulating short- and long-range fundraising goals with a strategic approach.
- Track and oversee funding calendar via database management.
- Assist with coordinating funder briefings and events, as needed.
- Represent CSS externally when opportunities arise.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1–2 years experience in fundraising.
- Experience in the preparation of government grants, a plus.
- Strong written and communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to track complex requirements and deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically about how CSS can effectively secure funding support.
- Creative and collaborative work ethic.
- Experience with donor software, Raiser’s Edge, preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Cover letter, resume, and writing sample required for consideration. Salary commensurate with experience.
Competitive benefits package
Minimum Education Required