Manager, Science Content Support & Instructional Delivery (Remote Position)
- Job posted by National Math and Science Initiative, Inc.
As a key member of the NYC Program team, you will manage the overall implementation of content and instructional delivery support to build capacity of NYC DOE staff members. You will be responsible for ensuring successful implementation of program elements including, but not limited to: teacher training, student study sessions, mentoring, formative assessment, curriculum development, pacing/planning guides, summer enrichment etc. You will also collaborate with the Teaching and Learning team to ensure internal alignment, as well as collaborate with NYC DOE staff.
What are the details?
Lead the planning, coordination and delivery of NYC’s AP for All Science products and services.
- Manage AP for All’s AP Science Teacher Professional Development opportunities including CRPSI, Academic Content Meetings, Spring Training.
- Manage the execution of science Student Study Sessions, which include additional instruction unique to NYC.
- Manage Science Vertical Team supports, including a modified LTF summer institute and four additional days of instruction held throughout school year.
- Provide/coordinate support for science formative assessments and mock exams.
- Review NYC specific instructional materials, presenter preparation and agenda development.
- Provide guidance and support to science mentors.
- Coordinate with science consultants to respond to instructional needs demonstrated by science mentoring reports, formative assessment data and NYC-DOE CAS interactions.
Collaborate with NYC DOE and NMSI teams to build capacity of AP for All office.
- Develop and execute against a strategy to increase access, participation, and success in AP science courses across NYC DOE.
- Support Vertical Teams through coordination of NYC DOE and NMSI Teaching and Learning.
- Coordinate with science consultants to respond to instructional needs demonstrated by science mentoring reports, science formative assessment data and NYC-DOE CAS interactions.
- Collaborate with Teaching and Learning and AP for All to develop strategy to build capacity of AP for All Content Area Specialists.
- Assist Teaching and Learning with quality review protocols to ensure NMSI teacher and student development materials are among the best in the nation.
- Analyze data to inform training design and consultant support.
- Develop a strategy to increase access, participation, and achievement in AP science in partnership with NYC DOE.
- Manage Blackboard access and communication plan to AP for All staff and AP teachers.
Other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Education & Experience – You have at least 3 years of teaching experience. AP course experience preferred.
- Learning & Development Guru – You have a deep understanding of student learning and skill progressions as well as expert knowledge in teacher development and adult learning strategies.
- Organized & Productive – You are a master at project planning and managing multiple priorities. You don’t let distractions prevent you from meeting goals.
- Expert Communicator – You can tailor your communication to multiple types of audiences; you are a concise, compelling writer.
- Data Geek – You love data, especially how it relates to teacher and student learning progressions and development; you can recognize trends and correlations better than most people and you use data to drive decisions.
- Tech Savvy – You can design teacher professional development or curricular resources in a variety of modes and platforms, with evidence of success designing materials for delivery online.
- Growth Mindset – You learn from failure and crave feedback because you know that it makes you better; you are also eager to give feedback to your manager, team, and colleagues.
- Reliable – You can work effectively with minimal supervision, but you also know when to ask for help.
- Flexible – You are comfortable working in an ambiguous environment with competing priorities.
- Inclusive – You can work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or job type—or any other factor that makes us unique!
- Sense of Humor – You don’t take yourself too seriously; work hard play hard is your mantra.
What else do we value?
- Accountability – Delivering on commitments made to our stakeholders, transparency about progress and outcomes, and ownership of responsibility for the decisions we make.
- Collaboration – Trust, open communication, and teamwork inside and outside the organization to maximize our shared knowledge and bring greater value to our mission.
- Equity – Access and opportunity for all students to succeed, regardless of zip code.
- Learning – Fostering dynamic learning environments for students and teachers and using internal and external feedback to continuously improve the quality of our work.
- Advocacy – Cultivation of strong, strategic relationships that expand our reach and influence and ensure continued positive student outcomes in the communities we serve.
Want to learn more?
The National Math and Science Initiative is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to transforming math and science education in today’s classrooms and ensuring that all students have the knowledge and skills to thrive in the global economy of the 21st century. Founded in 2007, NMSI began by dramatically improving student participation and success in rigorous Advanced Placement math, science and English courses in 85 courses across seven states.
Today, NMSI has scaled its proven program to serve more than 1.5 million students, 50,000 teachers, 1,000 high schools and 45 universities across 40 states, and is having a demonstrable and lasting impact on student outcomes.
NMSI Next, our five-year strategic plan, deepens our commitment to transform our current programs. In doing so, we will also launch a bold approach to partnering with school systems that drives outcomes not only at the student and school system levels, but also at the regional and national levels. NMSI Next is anchored on the concept that the whole will be greater than the sum of the parts and that our teamwork and program work go hand in hand.
Additionally, we believe that our impact at the school system, regional, and national levels will reinforce itself to ensure population level outcomes.
We believe STEM education is the greatest lever to accessing opportunity and is unmatched in unlocking student potential.
Specifically, NMSI Next will implement the following strategic levers so that all students, especially those furthest from opportunity, thrive and reach their highest potential as problem solvers and lifelong learners, pursue their passions and tackle the world’s toughest challenges.
- Catalyze bold thinking and enduring solutions for all students nationally
- Collaborate with regional stakeholders to drive sustainable changes
- Provide school systems a world class K-12 solution set
- Build a strong, sustainable, and nimble organization positioning us to deliver exponential impact
Minimum Education Required