Details: Salary based on experience.
P.O. Box 2881
Purpose of the Job
The Communications Director leads the marketing and communications efforts of Coptic Orphans, nationally and globally. S/he oversees the development and dissemination of key message(s) and develops strategies to engage supporters, partners, stakeholders, and the media. In consultation with program and donor relations staff, s/he develops new products and campaigns for the organization, while ensuring that existing products are effectively marketed. He/she is part of the organization’s senior management and bears final responsibility for the success of Coptic Orphans' marketing and communications efforts. Along with the Director of Donor Relations, s/he shares responsibility for achieving the organization's overall annual fundraising goals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
· Develop and implement 5-year strategic communications plan that integrates products, campaigns, and platforms (digital, media, print, etc.) with the primary goal of increasing organizational outreach and revenue.
· Develop and implement annual communication strategic plans, in line with Coptic Orphans' overall strategic goals.
· Create and disseminate organizational and marketing materials (e.g., email blasts, speeches, annual reports, brochures, special event materials, newsletters, press releases, etc.)
· Develop and implement marketing campaigns with specific fundraising goals.
· Create and communicate internally the key Coptic Orphans messages associated with each program, product, and campaign.
· Manage data collection, dissemination, and analysis in support of marketing, communications, and donor relations.
· Develop and market new Coptic Orphans products, including working with other staff and focus groups to conceptualize and design.
· Manage and monitor the brand (print and web) to ensure consistency.
· Expand Coptic Orphans' use of videos to communicate impact and success stories.
· Position staff as experts on Egypt and fatherless children among international organizations, funding agencies, universities, government bodies, and other potential partners and stakeholders.
· Identify publishing opportunities and speaking engagements at conferences, forums, panels, etc., to raise organization's profile among target audiences.
· Proactively identify and cultivate new media contacts in countries where Coptic Orphans has offices.
· Oversee development and launch of new Coptic Orphans website and blog.
· Ensure that Coptic Orphans supporters receive a constant flow of fresh and innovative content by constantly updating social media (Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter).
· Identify new online platforms and technologies, e.g., mobile donations technology, webinar services, cutting-edge social media, and integrate their use into strategic plan.
· Manage relationships with graphic designers, writers and other contractors as needed to support implementation of strategic communications plan.
· Develop system to harvest and "bank" stories from all staff, sponsors, participants, and volunteers that demonstrate Coptic Orphans' impact and successes.
· Supervise Communications Associate(s), interns, and volunteers, and, in consultation with their direct supervisors, provide direction to other staff as needed to achieve goals of strategic communications plan.
· The Communications Director supervises the Communications Associate(s), interns, volunteers, and, in consultation with their direct supervisors, other staff on as-needed basis.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
• A minimum of BA in communications, English, marketing, journalism, public relations or closely related field. Masters degree is desirable and will be considered with preference.
• Ten years of experience in leading communications, marketing, or media projects; international experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with working in marketing and communications for a fast-paced, ever-changing organization.
• Outstanding writing, presentation and communication skills and editorial expertise. Eloquence in all communications a must
· Non-profit work experience preferred.
· Excellent command and expression of spoken and written English. Skills in spoken and written Arabic are a strong plus.
· Proven excellent interpersonal communication, teamwork, and organizational skills.
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite products, Photoshop, video editing software, Word Press, Windows Movie Maker or other design and web applications is a plus.
Fiscal Responsibilities (budgeting responsibilities, approval privileges on purchase orders and check requests, reporting and auditing functions)
The Communications Director is responsible for the annual communications budget, including budget development, management, and purchase authority.
Extent of Public Contact (within and outside the organization)
The Communications Director is the main point of contact for all media relations; speaks with partners, stakeholders, and interested parties on behalf of the organization, and thus must fully comprehend and understand the mission/vision/plan of the organization.
Physical Demands (walking, lifting, carrying, etc)
Limited to walking, standing, sitting and occasional lifting of boxes and luggage.
Working Conditions and Environment (i.e., necessary travel, unusual work hours, etc.)
Occasional travel throughout Egypt.
Occasional work on weekends and some evenings, as necessary.
In addition to a base salary, employee benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; short & long-term disability insurance; and a Health Savings Option.
Level of Language Proficiency
High proficiency in English is required.
Proficiency in Arabic would be an added plus.
Minimum Education Required