1730 Rhode Island Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
Who We Are
Credential Engine is a non-profit whose mission is to create credential transparency, reveal the credential marketplace, increase credential literacy, and empower everyone to make more informed decisions about credentials and their value.
What We Do
Credential Engine provides a suite of web-based services that creates for the first time a centralized Credential Registry to house up-to-date information about all credentials, a common description language to enable credential comparability, and a platform to support customized applications to search and retrieve information about credentials.
This position will serve as the general staff and organizational support position for Credential Engine. We are looking for someone who is very well organized, a self-starter, able to effectively support dispersed staff, consultants, advisory groups, and board members, comfortable with developing systems and the inevitable adjustments of new organizations, and has a level-headed demeanor and sense of humor.
Provide support to Credential Engine’s staff, contractors, Board and Advisory Groups through:
- Supporting the Executive Director
- Expense reporting
- IT support (to the extent possible)
- Assisting with event planning and execution
General organization support, including but not necessarily limited to:
- Welcoming visitors at the front desk
- Assisting with accounting and bookkeeping.
- Assisting with grants management, tracking, and reporting.
- Assisting with the management and support of the organization’s Advisory Groups
- Supporting short and long-term projects (including sector, state, communications, vendors, and others) through help with outreach, tracking, and follow up
- Managing supplies and other office needs
Assist with all general participant, partner, vendor and customer support by:
- Assisting with arranging in-person and online meetings and required logistics
- Assisting with contact management within Salesforce
- Take and disseminate notes and minutes from Board of Director and Advisory Group meetings.
- Provide general project management and support as necessary for the success of the organization
- Exemplify flexibility, an ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Highly-organized with an attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage complex situations and relationships with confidence, confidentiality, and tact.
- Operating style suited to working in a small team environment where teamwork, creativity and flexibility are valued.
- Experience in related positions, with related responsibilities, is strongly preferred.
A competitive compensation package including salary and benefits is available and is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Minimum Education Required