About the Global Operations Associate role
Our Global Operations team will be the jet fuel to create and maintain a uniquely dynamic and high-achieving multi-cultural, multi-continental team at the cutting edge of how evidence is used to improve global development programs. This team’s mandate is to attract top talent, create the best place to thrive at work, and build the systems to allow IDinsight teams to achieve social impact. Crucially, the team manages IDinsight’s exponential growth, including recruiting top talent, maintaining our unique culture, and opening new global offices.
Reporting to the Director of Global Operations and working with our country offices, the Global Operations Associate(s) will lead efforts including:
- People and People Systems: Make IDinsight the best place to work in international development. Specific work streams and systems include recruiting, applicant tracking, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, performance management, HR systems, alumni engagement, and policies (including safety and security).
- Culture: Maintain a culture of mastery, autonomy, and purpose. This includes driving our global culture and values, reviewing and maintaining benefits, global connectivity across teams, team building activities and budgets, and executing employee surveys and “bureaucracy buster” improvements to the way we work.
- Client and Organizational Development Systems: Critically examine and optimize systems that govern how we work, from client-facing project work to internal organizational development. These systems include project management, client development, client review, knowledge management, internal goal setting and impact measurement, staffing and utilization, and internal communications.
Is it YOU we’re looking for?
We are building a team that is full of ideas, knows a great organization and culture when they see it, intensely focused on their mandate, and “do it, get it done” types who are bought into IDinsight’s vision to change the world through better social sector decisions. Our Global Operations Team members will have a proven track record and commitment to the tasks at hand.
We are currently hiring for an Associate or Senior Associate with 0-3 years of work experience (1-2 years preferred).
Desired qualifications include:
- Passionate about global development and social impact;
- People-focused and people-facing, with high levels of empathy and desire to listen to and share in teammates’ victories, concerns, and needs;
- Detail-oriented and able to take a task from high-level strategic idea to rapid execution with a large amount of autonomy;
- Demonstrated track record as a self-starter and leader, including comfort with ambiguity and dynamic environments and work streams;
- High level of conscientiousness and attention to detail – finishes work to completion;
- Strong communicator in multiple fora (written communications, public speaking, teamwork and upward management);
- Strong desire for professional growth and development, with track record of openness to give and receive feedback;
- Ability to work with international, cross-cultural, and diverse teams;
- Desire to travel both domestically and internationally (~25%).
There is significant potential for upward career progression on this team, as well as long-term opportunities to utilize this experience to transition into other industries, or go to graduate school. We hope to invest in outstanding professionals who will become the backbone of our flagship Global Operations team for a minimum two year commitment. We welcome you to submit an application and help us shepherd IDinsight through this unique and exciting period of exponential organizational growth.
Nuts and Bolts
Location and compensation will be discussed once we locate the right fit teammates for our role.Preferred location is Delhi, India. Compensation will be competitive with comparable social sector roles, and commensurate with experience and track record. Start date for the position is between January and April 2019 -- seniors graduating in the summer will not be considered at this time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit the job application website and click the "Apply for this job online" button on the top right. The application ask various questions in order for us to get to know you, and requires a CV and cover letter. Applications are rolling and considered as they are submitted. Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted