Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
300 West Broad Street
The Associate Director of Visitor Experience (ADVX) for the NVMM is a senior leader who will have the opportunity to creatively build and shape a broad department encompassing mission-related content and how such content is displayed and experienced in the public spaces of a national Museum and Memorial. This is a unique position for a visionary leader who understands how to create and execute innovative engagement and learning opportunities across all ages. This position will report to the Museum Director.
As a cultural institution in its start-up phase the National Veterans Memorial and Museum is looking for a dynamic and collaborative leader who naturally strives for excellence and the desire to reach new audiences. This unique moment in the Institution’s history requires a dynamic leader who is energized by the requirements of building – from scratch – a public program infrastructure within an organization that prioritizes collaboration, ingenuity, tolerance, perseverance, focus and adaptation. The incumbent’s inaugural engagement strategy and program portfolio will serve children, families and adult learning delivered by the Visitor Experience department. Programs should represent a broad range of offerings that include public interpretive programming, gallery talks, forums/symposiums, films, demonstrations and other engagements. The ADVX will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing tactics for evaluating the impact of lifelong learning programs and the on-site visitor experience. The ADVX will supervise all aspects of the Visitor Experience department. The ADVX will collaborate with many Museum departments such as Operations, External Affairs, and Advancement.
The ADVX will serve as the technical lead and subject matter expert on user-centered design and research for the NVMM. Provides technical direction to staff and vendors on the use of service design techniques. Provides a service design framework and its methodologies to the development of improvements to the NVMM visitor experience. Works cross-functionally with various teams, including Exhibitions, Marketing, Information Technology and capital building projects, thinking strategically about how the user experience defines and reinforces the NVMM brand. Assists executive leadership in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility. Champions the use of research—both qualitative and quantitative—to foster innovation, assess design solutions, and align key stakeholders. Works at the intersection of disciplines, finding the right balance to meet the needs of NVMM visitors, work within Institutional constraints, and define best practices in design.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Set up a department, which includes hiring staff, designing public programs, leading the exhibition design strategy, evaluation, and contracting procedures.
• Lead and support an effective, innovative and professional team, which is currently thought to include a Chief of Exhibitions & Education, Manager of Design, Fabrication and AV, Digital Engineer/Technician, Content Coordinator, Visitor Services Manager, Volunteer Coordinator, and front of house staff.
• Participate in the implementation and updates to the institution’s Strategic Plan, Vision 2024.
• Oversee the budget for the Visitor Experience department.
• Organize, develop and implement public interpretive programs for myriad audiences.
• Cultivate and maintain meaningful partnerships with numerous community stakeholders to sustain innovative audience development and outreach.
• Participate in the development of public interpretive programming and media that meets the mission, complements existing and future exhibitions and creates valuable experiences for all Museum visitors.
• Remain current on new research, media and trends museums and public interpretive programming.
• Continually evaluate and improve public interpretive programming to ensure effective delivery of our visitor experience relevant to myriad audiences.
• Along with other departments, coordinate external media to increase the institutional public profile.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree in design, nonprofit administration or fields related to the museum’s mission, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience.
• Experience track record at building successful and sustainable programs.
• Excels at staff management.
• Knowledge and understanding of cultural institutions; particularly of nature history museums.
• Knowledge and understanding of marketing and media practices.
• Strong attention to details and accuracy.
• Excellent critical thinking skills, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well with others and maintain professional manner using tact, initiative, good judgment and confidentiality.
• Deadline driven and ability to prioritize competing tasks, while maintain efficiency.
• Advanced computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
The National Veterans Memorial and Museum offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package; Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration, please email resume, cover letter and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the title of the position, Associate Director of Visitor Experience, in the subject of the email. No phone calls will be accepted. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.