Full Time Contract
MED International Associate
The MED International Associate is a key member of the MED International team which handles student Chapters and volunteers within MEDLIFE. Based out of our headquarters office in Lima, Peru, the Associate will advise their own region of Chapters and Student Advisory Board Members, serving as the main point of contact between our Chapter / Volunteer base and the organization. The associate will help students organize and facilitate local initiatives and plan for MEDLIFE Service Learning trips. More importantly, the Associate will be a storyteller - they will build bonds between students and MEDLIFE patients / communities by sharing first hand experiences from the field to educate our Chapter base on the on the ground realities and to call students to take action to further engage with MEDLIFE to help our partner communities.
To become a master of storytelling, the MEDIntnerational Associate will spend time accompanying our nurses, community organizers, and development team on field visits. The Associate will often be responsible for documenting these visits for social media in the form of short videos or photos. Associates will also spend time in the field with our student volunteers assisting on mobile clinics and development projects.
MEDInternational Associates will also be expected to travel to the United States or Canada once a year (potentially more) to meet with student leaders, work with our Chapters and meet with prospects at high schools and universities where MEDLIFE does not yet have a presence.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with public speaking, phone and email communication
- Leadership experience or experience facilitating group activities
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexible, able to adapt to fast paced and dynamic nonprofit setting
- Familiarity with public health, international development
- Experience with Google Docs, Salesforce and Constant Contact is a plus!
Education and Language Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Native fluency in English
- Intermediate to advanced Spanish
- Ability to relocate to Lima, Peru
- Ability to travel to the United States and Canada to meet with Chapter base and on occasion to our sites around Latin America to meet with students on SLTs
- Travel experience either personal or professional
- Educated in or familiarity with the United States / Canadian school systems
- At least one year work commitment
- One to three years professional experience
- Flexible vacation time (30 days per year)
- Competitive salary with potential to earn bonus commission based on effort and quality of work
- Peruvian Health insurance
- Peruvian work visa
Private Peruvian health insurance
Level of Language Proficiency
English - Native Fluency
Spanish - Functional Fluency (sufficient to live and work in Lima, Peru)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter describing why you want to work with Medlife and your resume.