29-76 Northern Blvd.
Long Island City
Title: Medical Director
Unit: Treatment Services
Reports to: Senior Director of Clinical Services
Status: Part-Time; Regular; Non-Exempt
Job Code: TBD
Days/Hours: 8 hours per week
Date Prepared: September 23, 2015
The Medical Director is responsible for participating in and approving the treatment planning process for all clients. He/she is responsible for psychiatric evaluations and/or psychiatric examinations and for documenting findings in the client record.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meeting;
- Approve all client treatment plans in prescribed timeframe;
- Present in-service training for staff on psychopharmacology and other relevant topics;
- Oversee the work of program nursing staff and ensure that medical assessment reflect documented medical concerns;
- Ensure program compliance with medical services regulations;
- Monitor program operation to ensure medical risk management; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certified Doctor of Medicine and/or psychiatrist;
- Must hold either subspecialty board certification in addiction psychiatry from the American Board of Medical Specialties, an addiction certification from the American Society of Addiction Medicine, a certification by the American Board of Addiction Medicine (ABAM), or hold a subspecialty board certification in Addiction Medicine from the American Osteopathic Association;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus; and
- Well organized and detail-oriented.
Travel Requirements: May include travel to our Harlem office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online at: