Communications and Development Associate
- Job posted by Leadership Education for Asian Pacifics (LEAP)
Details: Commensurate with qualifications and related experience
327 E. 2nd Street
Suite # 226
Under the direction of the Director of Development, and in collaboration with the President & CEO, the Communications & Development Associate will support the execution of LEAP’s communications, fundraising and marketing strategy to achieve LEAP’s mission and vision; strengthen programming;
support and recognize stakeholders, and expand the reach of the
The following reflects our definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. We may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons.
• Assist in the setup and manage migration of LEAP’s current Customer Relations Management (CRM) system to a new CRM
• Responsibility for LEAP communication channels (website, social media, newsletter, emails) including sourcing, updating, and editing of content.
• Assist with planning and executing special fundraising events and other organization-wide cultivation events.
• Maintain an ongoing marketing and communications content calendar
• Ensure proper stakeholder activity tracking in the CRM, including: contact information, tracking current and new donor/sponsor actions and contacts, event attendance, monitoring/processing contributions,alumni engagement, and volunteer engagement.
• Assist and/or produce collateral for program/event marketing,sponsor/donor solicitation, sponsor/donor gift acknowledgement,
• Assist in drafting proposals and grant reports.
• Conduct research on individual, corporate and foundation prospects.
• Monitor marketing performance metrics
• Assist program staff with program marketing and promotion
• Ensure that communications are consistent in design and tone, across all platforms and follow the organizational brand style guide.
• Provide regular standing reports and ad hoc reports as needed
• Represent LEAP at appropriate related events and functions
• Excellent writing and editing skills with a passion for detail
• Proficiency on Apple Mac OS, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Excel, Google G Suite (Docs, Sheets, Drive, Gmail),
• Strong knowledge of/abilities to use social media channels
• Strong familiarity with issues, needs, challenges and opportunities of the Asian and Pacific Islander community.
• Capability to identify and manage priorities, coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet (sometimes tight) deadlines (in other words,someone who is highly organized, accurate, thoughtful, efficient, and responsible but also versatile, adaptable, and flexible)
• Willingness to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed
• Desire to learn and take initiative
• Comfortable asking questions and proposing suggestions/solutions
• Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
Following are qualities and skills that are preferred but not required
• Understanding of website development platforms such as Squarespace,HTML knowledge a plus
• Familiarity with email marketing and CRM platforms
• Graphic design capability (InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
Excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and flexible work
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Mail or e-mail a detailed resume, cover letter and the names, job titles, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to:
Senior Vice President of Administration and CFO
327 East 2nd Street, Suite #226
Los Angeles, CA 90012
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS.