55000 Hwy 1
Come roll up your sleeves and level up the People experience at Esalen.
At Esalen, we care about being present. We bring that to everything we do. We don’t just build a table, we build a work of art that’s also a table. We don’t just say hello, we make eye contact and listen with intention. We feel the same way about our team members - showing up in support of their full being. We offer great health care, access to workshops, and the space to do your personal and collective work.
We stand for supporting you to realize your potential.
This role plays a key part of the Esalen Human Resources team. While your primary focus will be recruiting talent for Esalen, you will also assist in the day-to-day operations of the human resources office. This is a 40 hour-per-week position, reporting to the Director of Human Resources.
What will this role do?
- Organize, assess and control the hiring process for Esalen Institute, to include external recruitment, internal transfers and promotion programs.
- Screen, interview and refer qualified applicants for position openings.
- Provide support to staff members and department managers, regarding the hiring and internal transfer processes.
- Coach and provide information on the selection process to managers and supervisors.
- Attend and conduct job fairs to identify talent
- Recommend alternative recruitment strategies and sourcing to aggressively recruit and facilitate efficient hiring.
- Draft and post employment opportunities on job sites and assess results.
- Ensure adherence to federal and state equal employment opportunity laws and guidelines.
- Craft, revise and oversee programs that improve recruitment efforts for the organization.
- Audit recruitment initiatives and provide reports to human resources director.
- Complete various informational and statistical reports concerning wage and employment, as requested by HR Director for reply to government and official inquiries.
- Provide full assistance and support HR Director.
- Administer company policies and procedures through hiring process.
- Conduct and participate in wage surveys.
- Assist with processing of terminations/exit interviews
- Along with other HR team members, conduct orientation of new hires
- Verify I-9 documentation and maintain current documentation
- Participate in planning and implementing Staff Week
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of HR policies and procedures in a manner that is consistent with Esalen’s overall HR strategies
- Participate in Safety Committee with HR team
- Assist with special safety trainings that may be required and work with HR as to how to best deliver these trainings
- Provide excellent customer service to Esalen staff and the greater community
- Assists HR with various research projects and/or special projects
- Other various tasks as assigned
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- 3 - 5 years prior experience working as an HR professional
- Proven track record as a competent and proactive recruiting and staffing specialist
- Exceptional computer skills and high level expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Familiarity with HR processes and procedures
- Detail oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrate good judgment and ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Common sense and empathy
- It is a plus to have spent time at Esalen
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to sit for long periods of time, occasionally carry and lift up to 25 pounds and be able to perform daily repetitive hand motions as it pertains to computer mouse and keyboard.
The pay for this position is commensurate with experience. This role includes a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and paid time off. Esalen gives teammates access to an extensive range of daily experiential classes (yoga, dance, tai chi, and meditation), ongoing in-house education and training programs, and scholarship for Esalen workshops and massage.
Esalen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include a cover letter with your application/resume