Details: $14.00/hr, 24 hours a week
1315 Walnut St
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are seeking an Office Manager for our Center City, Philadelphia office to provide administrative support to our field canvass and program staff. Clean Water Action is a national, grassroots environmental organization that seeks to protect the environment and safeguard public health, promote passage of strong environmental laws, and help communities address local environmental problems affecting them. Clean Water Action has close to 1 million members nationally. Clean Water Fund provides research, education, organizing, and technical assistance to strengthen grassroots environmental efforts around the country, promoting the public interest on issues related to water, natural resources, health, and a healthy economy. Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund work together on selected campaigns and programs.
This part-time position is 24 hours per week and may be combined with canvassing to create a full-time position.
- Answer incoming calls; screen and interview prospective applicants for canvassing positions, schedule qualified applicants for interviews; take messages for all program staff.
- Coordinate all recruitment activities with Canvass Director including campus outreach and recruitment, ad placement, career fairs and other recruitment outreach.
- Maintain daily, weekly, and monthly canvass reports.
- Maintain personnel files and track staff benefits accrual and use.
- Process information requests from the public and refer to appropriate staff.
- Provide programmatic support, including maintaining issue files and sorting and sending letters generated by the canvass.
- Stock canvass materials and order office supplies.
- Maintain office appearance; including cleaning and organizing.
- Provide technical support; maintain computers and printers; back-up files
- Other duties as assigned.
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use e-mail, excel spreadsheets, word-processing and Google docs.
- Attention to detail, ability to manage many applicants at many stages in the recruitment process, to remember names and pronouns as well as hiring processes and laws
- Detail-oriented, accurate and neat; with strong math skills and personal organization.
- Strong work ethic, punctual, flexible, team player.
- Confidence to represent Clean Water Action at events, career fairs, and community meetings.
- Commitment to positive and progressive politics, to social AND environmental justice, and to fostering a work environment that is inclusive, supportive, and diverse.
- Previous community organizing experience a plus
Compensation: $14 per hour. An attractive benefit package is available including sick, vacation, and health.
* As an equal opportunity employer, Clean Water Action is dedicated to non-discrimination in every aspect of employment. No person is to be discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other ground prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. This equal opportunity policy applies to veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotions, terminations, pay, and the work environment.
Sick, Vacation, and Health
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please, send your Resume and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the title Office Manager in the subject of the email.