420 5th Avenue
The Director of Corporate Initiatives is a member of the Office of Philanthropy Team and reports to the Senior Partnerships Management Director. The Director is responsible for working with corporations to support the mission of Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) through program support, philanthropic support, cause marketing, and sponsorships. The Director will pursue corporate partnerships in certain assigned categories as well as manage relationships with these partners with assistance from a Partnerships Managers who support the department. The Director will be responsible for developing effective corporate development strategies which includes research and prospecting; partner cultivation, solicitation, management and stewardship; proposal development; contract negotiation, development and execution; and management of recognition and benefits related to corporate partner commitments.
- Generate corporate partnerships that drive revenue, generate marketing exposure and other benefits for GSUSA and Girl Scouts movement.
- Oversee execution of recognition and benefits related to corporate partner commitments including activation, signage, online and offline communication channels, and collateral materials.
- Work with internal representatives from Investor Services, Finance, Girl Experience, Marketing, Legal and other departments to develop and execute corporate partnerships.
- Interact with GSUSA board members, senior leadership and council CEOs in cultivation of corporate partnerships.
- Provide account briefings and reporting on corporate development activity on a regular basis.
- Solicit, cultivate, and steward prospective corporate partners in the 6-7 figure range to support GSUSA and the movement through program support, philanthropic support, and cause marketing.
- Develop proposals and budgets and deliver presentations via email, phone, online grant applications, and in person.
- Research prospective partners and identify prospective partners within certain assigned categories (i.e. financial literacy, STEM, outdoors, leadership, entrepreneurship, technology, etc.).
- Work in conjunction with Partnerships Managers to ensure corporate partnerships are activated and renewed, relationships are managed, and proposals are realistic.
- Work collaboratively with local councils to build joint national partnership opportunities.
- Development of the sponsorship budget.
- Collaborate with the program, marketing, communications, and mission delivery teams
- Work with legal to finalize all sponsorship agreements
- Create various sponsorship activation plans to ensure all sponsorship deliverables are fulfilled
- 5-7 years Philanthropy experience
*Minimal travel as needed, estimated at up to 5 trips per year
Minimum Education Required