The BronxWorks Community Health Home Program has one opportunity for a Care Manager to join an established clinical team. Care Managers provide psychosocial support, assist clients with health care coordination, access to benefits, access to transportation, and other community resources as need.
Ideal candidate is able to demonstrate ability to work in partnership with clients from a strengths based perspective, overcoming stigma, and navigating complex systems. Additionally, ideal candidate is able to adapt to an active environment, is exceptional with time management, has strong writing and communications skills, exhibits excellent attention to detail and remains a team player.
BCHH provides a high level of support to its Care Managers through individual supervision, on-site trainings, and regular staff meetings. BronxWorks offers opportunities for continuing education and career growth, including clinical supervision. A BA/BS is required, Spanish Bilingual preferred.
- Provide direct services to clients, including intake, engagement, annual assessments, service plan development, referrals, advocacy, exit summaries and follow-up
- Manage a caseload of between 40-50 clients
- Monitor client progress toward goals, document interactions with or on behalf of clients according to program requirements
- Conduct home visits to clients as needed
- Accompany c
- Assist client with health care coordination, access to benefits, access to transportation, and other community resources as needed
- Participate in regular supervision with supervisor
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of related case management experience preferred
- Proficiency in modern business communications including personal computers, electronic mail, voicemail, facsimile and copier equipment
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to use a computer for prolonged periods
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to climb five flights of stairs, if required to conduct home visits and/or fieldwork
- Ability to bend and retrieve objects and/or documents
- Ability to travel in the boroughs of New York City via public transportation
- Ability to travel for a minimum of 1 mile within a reasonable amount of time and in all types of weather, including inclement weather, if required to conduct home visits and/or field worklients to appointments and act as an advocate on behalf of their health needs as needed
- BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round.
- Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave 12 paid holidays.
- Comprehensive medical, and life insurance coverage care for employees and their families, at little or no cost to employees.
- A pension plan that is 100% employer paidTwo tax deferred annuity plans and employee assistance in maximizing the pension plan and tax deferred annuity plans to prepare for retirement.
- TransitChek – Employees may use TransitChek to have money taken out of their pretax salaries to pay for their public transportation commute.
- Free and confidential assessment, counseling, and referral service, to assist employees and their families with a wide range of personal problems
Additionally, BronxWorks Offers
- A comprehensive monthly training calendar
- ccess to some scholarship opportunities
- Non-financial support and internship opportunities for employees who return to school, particularly for their Master of Social Work degrees
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination.
Level of Language Proficiency
Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English language is required. Authorization to work in the United States for any employer is mandatory.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply for CASE MANAGER using the link below: