1514 P St NW
The Educational Specialist will work collaboratively with the Program Director to plan and design curricula for educational programs, research and define educational goals, objectives, and methodologies to meet program goals. This position has the responsibility to provide professional learning services for teachers, tribal leadership, and stakeholders through workshops and trainings, online learning, and community outreach methods.
The essential functions of this position, include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support the organization’s activities leading to college and career ready Native students at the tribal, state, and national levels.
- Assist with the planning, development, implementation, and revision of curriculum using promising practices to support the unique needs of Native students.
- Evaluate policies and data of tribal communities and prepare culture-based education strategies for dissemination to tribal leadership and education agencies.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with groups and individuals who possess diverse perspectives. Develop briefing papers, talking points, and policy materials.
- Manage issue-based networks of researchers, practitioners, and policymakers that produce collective research and policy agendas to support the development of a Native controlled Native education system.
- Draft program reports per grant timeline.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in curriculum development, education, organizational development or business required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 1 year or more experience in curriculum development.
- Strong research and analysis skills using various methods including databases, survey/evaluation tools, the internet, and reference materials.
- Demonstrated ability in project management and meeting competing deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and experience working with tribes, Native communities, and national Native and civil rights organizations.
- Proven ability to work in team environment while demonstrating capacity to solve problems independently and address concerns in a timely and accurate manner.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com. For additional information, contact NIEA at 202.544.7290.