Details: Salary Compensation will be commensurate with background and experience
4773 Marlborough Drive
An open and affirming congregation of the United Church of Christ, Kensington Community Church seeks an energetic Director Of Faith Formation to lead our Christian education programs. Christian education plays a key role in the mission of our congregation. It is a goal of KCC to provide and promote a wide range of Christian educational opportunities for the Church community. Under the supervision of the Senior Minister, the Director of Faith Formation will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Children and Youth Ministry including curriculum, and programs. Periodically, the Director of Faith Formation, will be called upon by the Senior Minister to coordinate and lead an adult educational program.
We are looking for someone to bring passion and energy to our programs. The ideal candidate has a commitment to Christ and a calling to Christian education. They are ecumenical and inclusive in outlook, supportive of UCC progressive theology and that of an open and affirming congregation.
● Coordinates and cultivates creative, dynamic and age-appropriate Sunday school programs
● Leads the youth group through meaningful programs and activities, including fellowship, worship, and service opportunities for grades 7-12
● Coordinates and participates in confirmation and OWL classes for grades 6-8
● Oversees the staffing of child care attendants and ensure safe and engaging child care during services for infants
● Works with the Minister on weekly Children’s Messages
● Recruits Sunday School teachers, nursery attendants and volunteers
● Adheres and trains to KCC Safe Church policies and practices
● Participates in regularly scheduled staff and applicable Ministry meetings
● Works with church leadership to set goals, determine priorities, establish programs and coordinates calendar
● Keeps current with latest trends, methods, and materials as related to religious education
● Assists in the development and securing of leadership for adult education programs
● Writes and submits articles and reports as needed (ie Chimes, Grace Notes)
● Order supplies as needed
● Other duties and activities as required, including special programs
● Bachelor’s degree and education experience required
● Experience in Christian education leadership roles and/or seminary training preferred
● Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including active listening
● Passing a comprehensive background check
Benefit Package Included.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish Proficiency Preferred but Not Required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to the attention to the Faith Program Director Search Committee.