Peoples Climate Movement
Field Staff Organizer(s)
SF, LA, and NYC
The Peoples Climate Movement (PCM) is looking to hire Short-Term Field Staff Organizer(s) to work with national, state, and local organizations and activists to help build out PCM’s Rise for Climate, Jobs and Justice actions across the country and in CA.
The PCM Field Organizer(s) will be responsible for:
- Building out the PCM field network of organizations, individuals, and activists – with a particular focus on CA who will turn out for Rise for Climate, Jobs, and Justice September 8th in CA and around the country.
- Managing organizing committees(geographic, issue, and identity hubs).
- Identifying opportunities for building/strengthening local, state, and constituency work in relationship to the Global Climate Action Summit, Rise for Climate, Jobs and Justice September 8th, and our Climate, Jobs, and Justice Voter Program,
- Help recruit and build a large pool (1000+) of volunteers, activists, and others who can help make September 8th a success.
- Running local organizing and mobilizing meetings to build energy, enthusiasm, interest, and participation in September 8th actions.
We are looking for candidates with 1-2 years of experience working in the field, including recruitment, canvassing, organizing and facilitating meetings, managing volunteers, and working with local and community organizations. Experience in mass mobilization and direct action, base-building and community organizing, and coalition building is necessary. A background in digital organizing would be helpful but not required. Bilingual Spanish and other language skills are preferred but not required.
This position is open immediately and will last through September 20th, 2018. We strongly encourage people of color, women, LGBTQ, and front-line community activists to apply for this position. This is a contract position and compensation will be DOE. These positions will be based out of SF, LA, and NYC.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a short-writing sample (call to action, flyer, etc.) to Ashley Blevins, Operations-Management Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required