1991 2nd Ave
INNOVATIVE YOUTH ORGANIZATION IN EAST HARLEM SEEKS A VOLLEYBALL COACH
DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI), an award winning sports-based youth development program, is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as our Volleyball Coach for our after-school athletics component. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to help offer successful and effective instruction and guidance for the DREAM Charter School volleyball team. The Volleyball Coach is a key member of the Athletics Health & Wellness and ensures the continued excellence, growth and sustainability of DREAM’s Athletics programs.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Create and submit practice plans;
· Facilitate three practices per week;
· Manage roster on game day and oversee in match strategy;
· Supervise and manage team and individual behavior at all times using positive discipline techniques and pro-active interventions to ensure the physical and emotional safety of all scholars;
· Model and encourage positive youth behaviors and promote DREAM’s mission, values and organizational policies to all staff, participants and stakeholders;
· Other duties as required.
· 1+ years of coaching experience in any sport;
· Previous experience playing competitive volleyball at the high school and/or college level;
· CPR/First Aid certification, a plus;
· Ability to uphold, promote, and model youth development principles;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, organization skills and attention to detail;
· Skilled problem-solver and self-starter.
· Mondays & Wednesdays, 5-6pm and Fridays, 1-3pm;
· Additional hours vary according to scheduled games.
· September 2018 through the middle of November 2018.
· Hourly and commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required