475 Riverside Drive
UNITED METHODIST WOMEN is seeking a Meeting Planner who will have sole responsibility for the successful planning, management and implementation of assigned events according to the logistic and legal needs of the organization for meetings of 100 and under. While on site they are in charge of smooth implementation, the safety and well-being of all attendees including the Board of Directors, staff and any officers and leaders of the broader organization from across the United States and around the globe. They will act as the top supervisor of all needed consultants and staff assistants for planning and implementation on site as requested.
UNITED METHODIST WOMEN'S Meeting Planner should have strong people skills, be energetic, personable, self-motivated, and self-directed. This person is able to maintain a calm demeanor while juggling rapidly changing priorities and moving the workload forward. This person is comfortable in a deadline-driven environment, can strategize and problem-solve. This position has a heavy logistical focus that requires independent thinking and attention to detail. The Meeting Planner will have final decision-making authority and use ultimate judgement and discretion when interacting with the most sensitive areas of the organization’s work.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience with logistical coordination of major events, event planning and/or mission agency or other women oriented non-profit organizations.
· Experienced professional with a minimum of two years in production/event planning environments.
· Familiarity with the United Methodist Church and its partnerships a major plus.
· Experience in event management and customer-service related roles.
· Experience in meeting management: basic hotel contracts, room-set up, catering, Audio/Visual.
· Extreme tact and discernment in maintaining financial information confidentially.
· Flexible leadership style with a strong attention to detail. Strong communication and organizational skills.
· Good people skills required. The ability to work with all personalities from “performer” personalities and their needs, to volunteers, Directors, Advisory Group members, and members.
· Knowledge of budgets and billing systems required. Understanding of basic contracts for performance and technical vendor participation
· Able to adhere to and organize multiple timelines and deadlines.
· Good communication skills with the ability to articulate complex pieces of logistical information in a clear and a concise way. Must have the ability to take complex lists of data and turn it into schedule for participants.
· Experienced in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word - table functions.
· Ability to quickly learn and use event management systems.
· Able to lift up to 25-pound boxes and other event related shipping items.
Health, Dental, Life, LTD, Vision, EAP
Generous Time-Off Benefits
Closed August Fridays
Closed Christmas Week
8% Employer contribution to retirement with additional 2% match
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply for a job with UNITED METHODIST WOMEN go to: