Details: Salary commensurate with experience and with similar positions citywide.
240 East 172nd Street
The Program Manager at DreamYard Preparatory High School will carry out the essential duties which help define the DreamYard Project and DreamYard Prep’s cultural partnership - supporting the needs of the arts department for effective instruction in daily classes & the delivery of a successful arts events calendar throughout the school year to our community (sharings, concerts, productions, rehearsals, masterclasses, etc.); supporting and refining DreamYard Recruitment efforts to achieve target student enrollment; supporting maximum impact of existing digital learning courses and programming, including maintaining / curating online student portfolios and cooperatively developing MOUSE squad (ad hoc student technology cohort); and serving as a key liaison between DreamYard Prep and the DreamYard Project.
DreamYard is committed to the principles of arts education, educational reform and social justice, and fashions its programs to specifically address the needs of urban communities that are typically underrepresented because of race, sex, ethnicity, and socioeconomic status. Accordingly, we welcome and encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals. Bronx based applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. DreamYard Project, Inc. employs without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other attribute not related to superior performance.
Collaborating with DYP Arts Department
- Participation in Departmental Planning - including attendance at weekly department meetings & timeliness in e-mail / phone responses
- Onboarding of all new hire teaching artists (with support of DreamYard Project Human Resources) including access to (Skedula) & unit plans (Atlas), and Teaching Artist Responsibilities / Expectations and Substitute Protocol (as outlined).
- Understanding of DYP Instructional Pedagogy and ensuring alignment in classrooms led by DreamYard Teaching Artists, including organizing up-to-date TA syllabi, lesson plans, unit plans, class rosters, and classroom observation(s).
- Managing Departmental Budget, Tracking classroom and programing expenses, and facilitating payment of independently contracted artists for classrooms and programming (with support of DreamYard Project), and maintaining all systems associated with fiscal process so they are current and up-to-date
- Actively supporting and facilitating the planning and execution of ALL arts programming (especially culminating sharing events) ensuring department access to: rehearsal & performance spaces, both on-site and off-site; necessary supplies (costumes, props, theatrical set pieces, make up, musical instruments and stands, art easels, etc.) / goods (food, snacks) / individuals (artists essential to carrying out artistic process) / technical or technological requirements (projectors, speakers, etc.) and intellectual properties (art canvases, scripts, musical scores, educational handouts, etc.).
- Embracing DreamYard’s philosophy as a collaborative organization and as a learning organization dedicated to carrying out in good faith the work of being a lifelong learner
Collaborating with Student Recruitment Efforts
- Oversee recruitment initiatives at DreamYard Prep and ensure that DYP has presence and involvement at various recruitment events throughout the Bronx during recruitment season (October - December & April - June)
- Enhance and improve work with the Student Recruitment team and constantly use student voice and leadership to continue growing recruitment initiatives.
- Collaborating with arts department to identify and recruit young artists across various disciplines and coordinate visits and meetings with middle schools
- Develop and implement new and innovative ways to improve recruitment initiatives to increase enrollment numbers for years to come.
- Collaborate with Guidance Counselor in coordinating attendance at various middle school fairs and developing the new admit list for the end of the year.
- Support the enrollment of young recruits to participate in the Summer Bridge program.
Collaborating with DYP Digital Learning Initiative
- Collaborate with the technology coordinator of the school to identify, promote and assess new and/or existing technology initiatives at school including but not limited to: new learning tools for teachers and students, innovative uses of Google Suite for Education, finding new and interesting partners to engage with our school
- Work with Tech Coordinator and Mouse tech team to create a promote new and digital ways to support the arts curriculum at our school.
Collaborating with The DreamYard Project
- Managing relationship with The DreamYard Project and their organizational partners;
- Promote and grow current partnerships with Google, The NYC Video Game Critics Circle, DreamYard Project, The Borough President's Office, Here to Here and Fjord Design firm.
- Scheduling, Organizing, & Facilitating On-Site Visits to DreamYard Prep for the DreamYard Project and other educational partners - highlighting commitment to the social emotional development of young people through restorative justice practice, hands-on digital learning, arts & arts-integrated education, and professional internships with a focus on life-readiness.
- Host partner/funder visits and be able to represent our school in various functions and events outside of the school. These include but are not limited to: networking events, benefits, awards ceremonies, interviews, meetings with funders and potential partners, etc.
The Program Manager at DreamYard Prep will have a B.A. or Masters Degree and/or 3-5 years of equivalent experience leading highly effective learning programs in a public school or non-profit setting. Knowledge of public school partnerships is essential. Teaching experience in public schools and/or community based settings is also essential. Preference given to internal candidates.
DreamYard offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package; starting salary for this position is commensurate with experience and with similar positions citywide.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send (1) a resume and (2) a cover letter providing more in-depth information on your academic and professional experience and your passion for working with DreamYard in this position via e-mail by Friday August 17, 2018 to Rudy Blanco at firstname.lastname@example.org