40 West 20th St., 6th floor
The Manager of Operations will work closely with the Director of Operations, campus Deans, faculty, the New York Student Services team, and national colleagues to ensure that Relay is providing the highest quality education to teachers in New York. Reporting to the Director of Operations, to the Director of Operations, the Manager of Operations is an essential member of the New York campus team, overseeing day-to-day programming and providing direct operational support to ensure that our program is preparing excellent teachers to serve high-need schools in the region. The Manager of Operations will also facilitate cross-team communication and systems-building to innovate on and continually improve the graduate student experience. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to leverage their project planning, event planning, relationship-building, and operational skills in order to support an institution that is transforming the way teachers are prepared.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations, Senior Director of Student Services, and campus deans to ensure systematic, proactive, and efficient regional operations, including planning and running events, managing student data, and responding to student and faculty requests
- Manage tactical and strategic relationships and meetings with campus deans and faculty to ensure a clear annual communication plan to graduate students on all matters of program and student support
- Plan, coordinate, and execute all logistics for all weeknight and Saturday class sessions, including setting up classrooms and supplies, managing support staff, and communicating to graduate students and instructors
- Manage operational aspects of programming for one or more cohorts of students, including, but not limited to: admissions, recruitment, and enrollment; resource creation; scheduling and facilities; event planning; budget and procurement; student and staff policies; technology; data management/maintenance
- Work closely with Relay’s Student Services teams, including Admissions & Enrollment, Student Financial Services, Technology, and Curriculum Design to create responsive, integrated program support for graduate students
- Assist in managing the campus office
- When applicable, manage one or more interns to assist with the duties above
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
First and foremost, the candidate must share Relay’s sense of urgency about the need to improve student achievement through phenomenal teacher and leader training.
Additionally, candidates for the position must have the following:
- At least three years of work experience, preferably in urban education and/or operations
- BA/BS, Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in a K-12 school setting preferred
- Strong project management skills paired with the ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, with an eye to equitable policy creation and implementation and increasing access to graduate-level teacher preparation
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills; ability to navigate, work across, and invest multiple stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Acute attention to detail and a focus on efficiency and systems building
- An eagerness to help improve Relay’s program and operations in whatever ways possible
- Entrepreneurial outlook and commitment to Relay’s mission to improve student outcomes, close opportunity gaps, and rethink how we prepare our educators
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
Relay offers a competitive salary and benefits package for full-time employees.
Relay Graduate School of Education provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply directly on our website: https://relay.edu/browse-jobs?gh_jid=1314724