Details: Compensation/Benefits: $62,000-$80,000 (DOE, plus bilingual supplement). Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance with retirement plan. Parking provided.
1145 Wilshire Blvd.
Position Summary: Advancing Justice-LA seeks an experienced human resources professional to support a complex, high-impact organization with more than 100 employees working in multiple locations (downtown Los Angeles, San Gabriel Valley, Santa Ana, and Sacramento). This position requires demonstrated HR experience and strong communications and facilitation skills. The Director of HR will have an opportunity to make systemic changes as well as assess, make recommendations on, and implement HR programs and policies regarding staffing, compensation, benefits, training, and safety as well as employee recognition and relations. This full-time exempt position advises the executive management team (Executive Director and Vice Presidents).
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Serve as primary resource for organization human resources needs, including research, interpretation, and implementation of labor laws;
• Support staff with timely responses to and resolution of HR questions and issues;
• Assess, advise, and improve on existing HR policies and processes including making systemic changes, with a focus on maintaining a positive working environment and supporting staff morale;
• Oversee and participate in hiring including creating and posting job announcements, recruiting diverse applicants, and notifying unsuccessful applicants;
• Onboard new staff including pre-hire logistics, orientation, and background checks;
• Document, manage, and coordinate with payroll regarding staff time-off including leaves of absence;
• Administer staff benefits, including enrollment, changes, and problem resolution;
• Work with Pro Bono Director on intern and volunteer recruitment and management;
• Support supervisory staff with training and coaching on supervision and performance management needs;
• Manage HR records, including timesheets, personnel files, and employee evaluations;
• Maintain and update employee handbook, safety manuals, and other organizational documents related to HR and safety/facilities, in coordination with other operations team members;
• Support staff requests regarding workplace ergonomics and safety issues, in coordination with other operations team members; and
• Coordinate staff-wide trainings and demonstrations related to HR or safety/facilities in coordination with other operations team members.
• Six years or more of human resources generalist or equivalent in a professional office preferred, with demonstrated experience with employment law, workers compensation, benefits, and payroll taxes;
• Excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills, including outstanding written and oral communications;
• Detail-oriented and highly-organized with the ability to manage several projects at once;
• Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks and willingness to handle all levels of administration, including routine duties;
• Strong facilitation skills, with non-profit or public sector experience preferred;
• Demonstrated commitment to fostering a supportive and productive organizational culture;
• Past experience with creating HR systems a plus;
• Commitment to immigrant communities and social justice preferred;
• Willingness and ability to work outside regular office hours as needed; and
• California driver’s license, insurance, and access to a car required.
Agency Description: Asian Americans Advancing Justice - LA (Advancing Justice-LA) is the nation’s largest Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander (AANHPI) legal and civil rights organization and serves more than 15,000 individuals and organizations every year. Founded in 1983, Advancing Justice-LA’s mission is to advocate for civil rights, provide legal services and education, and build coalitions to positively influence and impact Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders and to create a more equitable and harmonious society. Advancing Justice-LA seeks to serve the most vulnerable members of the AANHPI communities while also building a strong AANHPI voice for civil rights and social justice. Advancing Justice-LA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application Process: Applicants should send a cover letter highlighting relevant experience, resume, and 3 references including one prior supervisor to: firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE INQUIRIES.