The Assistant Director of Advancement Operations is responsible for daily gift processing and data entry, using The Raiser’s Edge database, and supporting the advancement and engagement programs. This position requires an individual who is comfortable using a complex database with highly detailed policies and procedures. Success in this position depends on the ability to understand how the donor database supports the overall fundraising initiatives.
- Manage gift processing and all related activities including understanding and integrating gift entry rules and policies.
- Coordinate and prioritize day-to-day gift processing activities including but not limited to mail collection/sorting, review of gift documentation, scanning of gift documentation into Raiser’s Edge (RE), maintenance of gift files and handling gift related customer service telephone calls and emails.
- Process gift batches in an accurate and timely manner in RE including checks, credit cards, securities, electronic funds transfers, payroll deductions, monthly recurring gifts, and matching gifts.
- Create and circulate gift reports to appropriate offices.
- Reconcile gift revenue with RE and Finance Office. Troubleshoots discrepancies by making necessary gift adjustments and conducts periodic accounting reconciliation.
- Record donors’ pledges in RE and maintains pledge files. Tracks outstanding pledges and produces pledge reminders and reports as appropriate.
- Acknowledge donor contributions in a timely manner, creates acknowledgement communications including the generation of donor charitable gift tax receipts.
- Update and maintain accurate information in RE and supplementary files for all constituent/donor records.
- Make timely and accurate constituent updates in RE to biographical and other relevant data received through a variety of internal and external sources including gifts, on-line information forms, intra-campus updates, surveys, events, prospect meetings and research.
- Resolve technical development data issues as they arise.
- Conduct database queries and exports to extract data and create lists and reports as requested.
- Complete regular data audits in RE to ensure consistent and accurate data entry.
- Regularly update tracking reports for the department and organizational leadership.
- Other duties as assigned, including various administrative tasks, some customer service and assistance with institutional fundraising events.
- Minimum of 2-3 years data entry experience (preferably with The Raiser’s Edge).
- High level of accuracy with data entry and record processing.
- Experience with large-scale data manipulation, building complex queries and reports, and working directly with support technicians preferred.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle interruptions and shifting priorities, maintain focus on tasks and pay meticulous attention to details.
- Ability to identify inefficient or ineffective processes and suggest improvements.
- Ability to deal with confidential data.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Able to work independently and as a team member with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication.