Details: Commensurate with experience.
2715 Q Street, NW
The NSCDA seeks a full-time (or contracted full-time equivalent) Campaign Coordinator to keep Comprehensive Campaign progressing with a high level of visibility and momentum that engenders a sense of excitement, optimism and confidence in achieving the campaign goal. The Campaign Coordinator is a temporary, one-year term position responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of a Comprehensive Campaign (currently in its quiet phase) to fund critical capital, programmatic, and endowment initiatives. The Campaign Coordinator supports the Campaign Steering Committee and Executive Director, while coordinating efforts with the consulting Campaign Counsel and internal NSCDA development colleagues.
The Campaign Coordinator manages campaign donor cultivation and solicitation; Steering Committee support; campaign acknowledgment, recognition, and communications; and campaign reporting. She/he works primarily out of the NSCDA National Headquarters offices at Dumbarton House. The successful candidate will be an incredible communicator with a high degree of initiative and impeccable attention to detail; experience working with volunteers and/or Board committees; equally comfortable communicating on the phone/in person as by email; highly organized; enthusiastic and comfortable in a fast-paced office environment and juggling multiple priorities.
Full job description available online at http://nscda.org/careers/.
Summary of Benefits: Full Time Employees
Group Health Coverage and Life Insurance
- Health coverage and life insurance for the individual employee are paid in full by The Society. Additional coverage may be applied for at the personal expense of the insured employee.
Federal Transportation Fringe Benefits
- WMATA benefits, for use of public transportation. The Society pays a portion of the benefit elected by the participating employee with pre-tax withholding by the participating employee.
- Capital Bikeshare program. The Society pays the annual membership for the employee.
- The Society offers a Teachers Insurance Annuity Association-College Retirement Equities Fund (TIAA-CREF) pre-tax retirement plan to full time employees. Contributions are at the employees’ discretion. The Society will pay any start-up fee required for the account but does not otherwise contribute itself toward any employee’s account.
Our Organization observes the following holidays each year:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Friday following Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
- Inauguration Day, when it falls on a normal workday
- The Society also closes the office for non-essential business between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- During the first year of employment, an employee may accrue the number of days of paid vacation time equal to the number of days normally worked in a two (2) week period. After one (1) full year of employment, an employee may accrue the number of days of paid vacation time equal to the number of days normally worked in a three (3) week period. After five (5) full years of employment, an employee may accrue the number of days of paid vacation time equal to the number of days normally worked in a four (4) week period.
- Ten (10) paid sick days accrue annually
- Maternity/paternity leave is a paid leave associated with the birth of an employee’s own child or the placement of a child with the employee in connection with adoption or foster care. Maternity/paternity leave is not charged against the employee’s earned leave and the amount of paid days received is thirty (30) regularly scheduled work days.
- Three (3) paid personal days per year
Variable Daily Office Hours
- The Society encourages employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance. To accommodate personal needs, full-time employees may vary their regular daily office schedules to begin no earlier than 8:00am and end no later than 6pm.
*This summary document is intended to give employee candidates an overview of the benefits offered to NSCDA employees. Full descriptions of benefits, plans, and policies are included in the Employee Handbook shared with new employees at the time of hiring.
Minimum Education Required