Reports To: Director of Technology
Classification: Full-time | Non-Exempt
Schedule: Generally Monday through Friday. Work days and hours may shift depending on scheduling needs. Typical schedule will be 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Flexibility required.
Position Summary: The Technology Support Specialist is responsible for providing day-to-day helpdesk response and support of The Center’s technology infrastructure to staff, interns and the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides Level-1 Helpdesk support to Center staff, interns and the community, escalating or reassigning requests when required.
- Install, configure, diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair staff workstations and related equipment including: desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile devices and printers.
- Coordinates technology inventory, hardware loans and software license tracking.
- Performs IT onboarding of new Center staff.
- Performs regularly scheduled maintenance and periodic support/troubleshooting for computers in The Center’s public computer labs.
- Reviews and moderates Stonewall Forever (https://stonewallforever.org/) user submitted content.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
- Hands-on experience with workstation support, including operating systems (Windows, macOS), applications, and hardware support in a 100+ user environment.
- Knowledge of fundamental networking technologies.
- Microsoft Office and Google Suite experience and knowledge required. Salesforce, RingCentral and other Center enterprise technologies experience and knowledge preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems, including anti-virus knowledge, hardware failures and network configuration issues.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to stay organized and reply to requests quickly, keeping users and our electronic ticketing system up to date simultaneously.
- A strong commitment to the mission of The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center.
The Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.