Details: $20 per hour.
475 Riverside Drive
Morningside Center for Teaching Social Responsibility, Inc.
Finance Assistant Job Description
Morningside Center for Teaching Social Responsibility, Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that educates young people for hopeful and intelligent engagement with their world. Since founding the Resolving Conflict Creatively Program (RCCP) in 1985 as a collaboration with the New York City Board of Education, Morningside Center has developed an array of programs that have helped thousands of educators and hundreds of thousands of young people (pre-K to 12) develop their social and emotional skills. These skills include understanding and managing feelings, relating well to others, making good decisions, dealing well with conflict and other life challenges, and taking responsibility for improving our communities—from the classroom to the world. For more information about us, visit our web site at www.morningsidecenter.org/.
Morningside Center is looking for a part time finance assistant to assist a business office team of five full time staff. This is a part-time, hourly position with a variable schedule and potential for growth within the organization.
Responsibilities and qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Sharing all aspects of finance operations
- Assisting with payroll processing,
- Manage Credit card receipts and statement reconciliations,
- File management, accounts payable, receivable and related duties.
- Work closely with after school program assistants to track and modify budgets as needed or required.
- Special projects as needed.
- Participate as needed in regular meetings of the business office team.
- Compensation based on experience; statutory benefits only.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- Five years or more experience as an assistant bookkeeper or administrative assistant in a nonprofit organization with diverse funding.
- Integrity and credibility; able to handle confidential information discreetly and pay close attention to details; able to work collaboratively in a team, as well as individually.
- Knowledge and experience of computerized accounting systems. Morningside Center presently uses the Enterprise version of QuickBooks. Position requires excellent skills with EXCEL spreadsheets.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirement to email@example.com. Candidates are urged to visit our web site, www.morningsidecenter.org before applying.
Statutory Benefits only (FICA, NYSUI, Workers Comp). Position could develop into a part time, salaried position with benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in reading and writing English.
Minimum Education Required