Details: Commensurate with experience plus benefits package
712 North Wells Street
- Type of Position: Full Time
- Start Date: May/June 2018
- Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday 9:00a–5:30p, some evenings and weekends as needed
- Location: 712 N Wells, Chicago, IL 60654
Greenheart International is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to connecting people and planet to create a more peaceful and sustainable global community. We achieve our goals through a unique set of programs and initiatives fostering cultural exchange, eco-fair trade, volunteerism, personal development and environmentalism. Greenheart encompasses four main branches: Greenheart Exchange, Greenheart Travel, Greenheart Shop, and Greenheart Transforms.
What we’re looking for:
The Administrative Coordinator will support both the CEO and International Partner Development Director on a wide variety of projects. The selected candidate will join a dynamic and fast-paced team that is open and communicative. We are seeking a dependable professional who is capable of applying a wide range of office administration skills. The ideal candidate will be proactive, responsible and possesses a keen attention to detail. We are also seeking someone who has excellent written, oral, editorial and interpersonal communication skills. The selected candidate will need to demonstrate comfort and enthusiasm in providing superior administrative support to two supervisors.
What you will be doing in this position:
This position will allow the selected candidate to become involved in a wide variety of tasks across the entire organization. You will prepare articles, announcements, newsletters, presentations, reports, and travel arrangements on behalf of the CEO and International Partner Development Director. You will assist in preparing for meetings by creating agendas, reports, ordering meals & coordinating between departments. You will conduct research for the CEO on an array of topics related to the organization’s focus.
You will work with the International Partner Development Director on a daily basis to initiate follow-up with international businesses interested in partnering with Greenheart Exchange and Greenheart Travel on cultural exchange programs. You will liaise between the International Partner Development Director and the marketing department to create marketing materials. You will also have the opportunity to support all of the cultural exchange departments on a variety of assignments as needs arise.
The Administrative Coordinator will have opportunities throughout the year to play a key role in planning and coordinating organization wide initiatives and events. This is a unique position within the organization where you will be expected to utilize and develop a variety of talents.
Some specific things you might do for the International Partner Development Director:
- Initiate international partner screening procedures upon receipt of web-based inquires for Greenheart Exchange and Greenheart Travel programs
- Maintain international partner profiles in the company database
- Create materials to enhance or improve marketing of programs
- Create and/or update new international partner onboarding procedures and materials
- Conduct video conference calls with international businesses to introduce Greenheart’s cultural exchange programs
- Assist the Director of International Partner Development in conducting follow-up correspondence after industry conferences and partner meetings
- Coordinate logistics for the bi-monthly Cultural Exchange Leadership Committee meeting by creating agendas, reports and recording minutes
Some specific things you might do for the CEO:
- Edit and draft letters and announcements
- Prepare the monthly internal newsletter, articles and blogs pertaining to CEO initiatives, advocacy, Washington D.C. updates, and PR efforts within the organization
- Create PowerPoint presentations for company and industry events
- Prepare for Co-Leadership Team quarterly meetings as well as department meetings by preparing agendas, reports, ordering meals/snacks & coordinating logistics between departments
- Coordinate All Staff Meetings, Greenheart Chats, and other events for the organization
- Assist with human resources and special projects spearheaded by the CEO
- Assist with travel arrangements, including booking flights, hotel reservations, and other transportation as needed
- Process monthly expense reports on behalf of CEO in accordance with accounting requirements
- Research topics and draft proposals to pursue strategic partnerships and initiatives for Greenheart International in collaboration with the CEO
- Organize cultural events and coordinate plans for guest speakers
Some qualifications you should have:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of two years of professional working experience
- Excellent written, editorial, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in all components of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
- Exceptional ability to remain flexible, work independently with minimal supervision, manage competing priorities, meet deadlines, and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with groups of all ages, nationalities, ethnicities, and backgrounds at varying professional levels
- Possess a detail-oriented and organized personality
- Professional presence and composure while exhibiting sound judgment at all times
- Desire to work as a member of a dynamic, positive, and productive team
- Preferred: Experience studying, volunteering, or working abroad
Compensation: Commensurate with experience plus benefits package
Due to the amount of applications processed, we ask that you do not call Greenheart International regarding this position. All qualified applicants will be contacted.
Greenheart International is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Sound likes the perfect fit? Tell us WHY by sending your resume and customized cover letter in PDF format to Courtney Guengerich, Human Resources Generalist, at HR(AT)greenheart(DOT)org. A cover letter is required for your application to be considered.