Bilingual Home Visiting Nurse
333 Meadowlands Parkway
The Partnership's Nurse Family Partnership Program (NFP) is a maternal-child health program that introduces vulnerable first-time parents to caring maternal and child health nurses. This program allows nurses to deliver the support first-time moms need to have a healthy pregnancy, become knowledgeable and responsible parents, and provide their babies with the best possible start in life. The relationship between mother and nurse provides the foundation for strong families, and lives are forever changed – for the better!
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provide comprehensive community health nursing services to women and their families eligible for the Nurse Family Partnership (NFP) Program. Responsible for maintaining the highest standards in clinical nursing practice and adherence to the NFP model, and to policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of NFP and of the lead agency.
- Provides home visits to women and their families eligible for the NFP Program.
- Carries a caseload of 25 or more active clients.
- Develops therapeutic relationships with women and their families in a home visiting environment.
- Assesses physical, emotional, social and environmental needs of women and their families.
- Assists women and their families in establishing goals and outcomes.
- Provides education, support and referral resources in assisting women in attaining their targeted goals.
- Actively engages in skill building to meet all NFP Nurse Home Visitor competency requirements.
- Utilizes reflective practice in supervisory sessions.
- Attends and participates in bi-weekly case conferences and staff meetings.
- Represents the NFP vision, mission and model to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Elicits and considers differing viewpoints when analyzing issues.
- Maintains clear, effective and honest communication with internal and external clients and colleagues.
- Creates, maintains and supports a safe environment for open discussion.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Handles other assignments as requested by supervisor.
- Current RN license required
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) required
- Current CPR required
- Two years experience in maternal/child health, public health, home visiting or mental/behavioral nursing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite
- Medical Insurance Plan with Employer-Paid Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Life Insurance Plan
- LTD and AD&D Insurance Plan
- Flexible Work Schedules
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual (Spanish/English) required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail résumé, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Sarah Bilyj RN, BSN, CLC
Nurse Family Partnership of Hudson and Union Counties
333 Meadowlands Pkwy, Suite 101
Secaucus, NJ 07094
Submissions without a cover letter and/or salary requirement will not be considered. We thank you for your interest in working for The Partnership. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.