153 Summer Street
Children’s Friend is Rhode Island’s first child-serving nonprofit agency, providing services for children and families in need for 184 years. For more on the history of Children’s Friend click here. We offer a committed, positive work environment along with a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, 403B, professional development, paid time off and more.
Join the Development Department of Children’s Friend as a Development Coordinator, applying your logistical and relationship building skills to serve Rhode Island’s most vulnerable children and families.
Reporting to the Major Gifts Officer, this important role is responsible for managing the agency’s annual events, including the Holiday Drive, 5K Walk/Run and our annual Luncheon. This includes recruiting and managing donors, volunteers, and per diem staff along with logistics for the events. The Development Coordinator participates in start-to-finish key communications, from promoting the events via outreach and social media, to thanking donors and volunteers.
The ideal candidate will thrive in an independent work environment, with minimal supervision. They will utilize their strong problem solving skills to ensure events are well executed and their relationship skills to foster the Children’s Friend brand. If you enjoy coordinating logistics, organizing projects and events while working with diverse populations, we look forward to seeing your application.
- High School degree with at least three (3) years of experience in fundraising activities.
- Experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge or equivalent database preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills required.
- Evidence of professional relationship building skills, preferably in a fundraising environment.
- Proven ability to interact with members of the community representing diverse backgrounds and interests is required.
- Must have and maintain: an automobile fit for use in the program; a valid driver’s license; and automobile liability insurance in an amount established by the agency.
Children’s Friend is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, handicap, disability or veteran status.
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package. For full-year employees, benefits include: comprehensive and low cost health insurance, dental insurance, retirement plan with agency contribution, life insurance, 4 weeks paid vacation, paid sick days, 11 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, professional development opportunities, incentive-based worksite wellness programs, opportunities for advancement, a family friendly environment and more!
Minimum Education Required