Organized, hard-working, creative person needed for digital content, marketing and staff recruiting role at a high-performing non-profit organization. Based in Manhattan or Rhinebeck, NY. Position is full-time.
About Ramapo for Children
Founded in 1922, Ramapo for Children works on behalf of young people whose challenging behaviors put them at risk of being relegated to the margins of their families, schools and communities. Ramapo’s philosophy is built around the simple belief that all people want the same things: to learn, to be valued for who they are, and to experience success. Our work is accomplished through four primary programs:
· Camp Ramapo: a residential summer camp in Rhinebeck, NY that serves over 550 children with a range of cognitive disabilities and behavioral challenges.
· The Staff Assistant Experience (SAE): a transition-to-independence program for young adults aged 18 to 25 with social, emotional, or learning challenges.
· Ramapo Training: a professional development program providing educators, parents, and youth workers with practical tools for promoting positive behaviors.
· Ramapo Retreats: short-term, adventure-based experiences for young people and educators that give participants strategies for successful communication, teamwork, and leadership.
About this Position
Ramapo for Children is seeking a marketing professional with training and experience in digital content strategy and execution to help promote our programs and services and to help increase the pool of young professionals who apply for both seasonal and year-round positions with our organization. In collaboration with the Associate Executive Director of External Affairs, the Individual Engagement Manager and the Director of Staffing, this staff member will focus on:
- Recruitment: Research, design, and execute digital campaigns to promote Ramapo among prospective employment candidates and build a rich talent pool of job applicants;
- Outreach: Identify and execute new opportunities and pipelines for in-person staff recruitment;
- Program Marketing & Outreach: Research, design, and execute digital campaigns to promote Ramapo’s programs and services and increase interest among prospective program participants, including utilization of Google AdWords;
- Social Media: Oversee Ramapo’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube; plan, produce, schedule, and monitor social media and blog posts, as well as working with key influencers to boost content;
- Digital Content: Create or curate visual, video and copy for all digital platforms;
- Analytics: Track results to uncover patterns and provide insights into what works and what does not.
Required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- 1-3 years of experience with brand management and managing digital channels;
- Strong writing and editorial skills, with high attention to detail;
- Effective communication and presentation skills in various one-to-one and group situations (job fairs, recruitment presentations, phone, email);
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office and data entry skills;
- Enthusiasm for social media, SEO and digital analytics;
- Proficiency in photo-editing, video-editing or design software;
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to work with a wide range of personalities across two NY locations;
- Ability to do limited travel.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.