Details: COMPENSATION A competitive compensation package including base salary, performance bonus and complete benefits is available.
1616 Franklin Street
Nationally recognized nonprofit venture philanthropy seeks an Analyst to support its strategy focused on finding, funding and supporting the next generation of innovative schools in PK-12 education.
NewSchools Venture Fund is a national nonprofit that supports and invests in promising and innovative education entrepreneurs and leaders and helps them accomplish their missions to achieve outstanding results for the schools, students and educators they serve. We are committed to helping students graduate high school prepared and inspired to achieve their most ambitious dreams and plans. Through our investing, management assistance, network building, and thought leadership, NewSchools helps to reimagine PK-12 education.
We have a passionate, inclusive, bold, accountable and connected culture where employees at all levels have the opportunity to grow and contribute. Please visit our website at www.newschools.org to learn more about NewSchools Venture Fund and our core values.
The NewSchools team seeks an Analyst to join a fun, passionate and dedicated group of people. You will be a critical member of the team, focused on finding, funding and supporting a national portfolio of new innovative schools. You will be based in our office in Oakland, CA.
To learn more about our work, please review:
· Strategy overview: www.newschools.org/about-us/investment-areas/innovative-schools/
· Description of our Invent program, through which we invest in innovative new schools: www.newschools.org/invent/
Your legacy at NewSchools will include:
1. Refining our NewSchools Invent application process. You will:
· Project manage and lead the team through the due diligence process on NewSchools Invent applicants
· Support the development and execution of communications, recruitment, and outreach strategies to create a robust, diverse, and high-quality application pool
· Engage partner organizations to recruit strong potential school leaders and field questions from prospective applicants
2. Conducting due diligence on prospective ventures’ school models, leadership and budgets to make investment decisions. You will:
· Conduct analysis for due diligence and synthesize team findings in written investment recommendations
· Capture lessons learned from the team decision making process and identify ways to improve diligence in the future
· Manage the grant development and execution process
3. Supporting the Innovative Schools team by tracking impact metrics, contributing to development efforts, and managing internal projects. You will:
· Ensure our internal database is updated with accurate and timely information for each venture
· Support data collection efforts, both qualitative and quantitative
· Contribute to our development efforts by providing requested information and analysis to inform grant requests and funder reports
· Manage internal projects to support team operations
A competitive compensation package including base salary, performance bonus and complete benefits is available.
NewSchools Venture Fund has a strong commitment to diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Level of Language Proficiency
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· Passion for innovation and excellence in public education
· Effective project management with attention to detail and ability to drive to completion
· Strong strategic thinking and analysis skills; proficiency in financial modeling and financial statement analysis valued
· Excellent written and oral communication skills; proven ability to develop and present professional materials (e.g. spreadsheets, written memos, presentations) and communicate effectively with wide variety of people at all levels, internally and externally
· Comfort and ability to manage multiple priorities amid high ambiguity
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, taking initiative and owning high-priority tasks and projects with minimal guidance and support
· Working style suited to a small-office setting with limited support staff, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
· Minimum 3 years of experience with progressive levels of leadership and responsibility
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please navigate HERE to apply.