SFUSD Now Hiring Special Education Content Specialists for the 2018-19 School Year!
- Job posted by San Francisco Unified School District
555 Franklin Street
When you join our team at SFUSD you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused organization that approaches public education as a social justice movement, requiring broad collaboration across an array of strategic partners. In 2014, SFUSD created an inspiring statement, Vision 2025, which captures our aspirations and vision for the future of public education in San Francisco. Alongside the District’s strategic plan, Transform Learning. Transform Lives. SFUSD is reimagining how public education will change over the next decade to meet the dynamic future of San Francisco. As a CORE district, SFUSD is also a leader in critical systems change for more comprehensive school accountability and innovations that help strengthen the instructional core, which is the foundation of our strategic plan and Vision 2025.
In accordance with the California Standards of the Teaching Profession, teachers work under the supervision of site or central office administrators and in collaboration with their school staff, families and community and are responsible for the fulfillment of the essential duties set forth below:
● Utilize program excellence checklist with each site’s Special Education team to target areas for continuous improvement and compliance
● Facilitate and deliver professional development activities that foster program excellence and address the achievement gap
● Provide consistent and weekly in class support and coaching that promotes the implementation of standards based instruction and inclusive practices
● Work with school site staff to monitor mainstreaming, inclusion and access to the core and/or intervention programs for students with disabilities
● Serves as a resource in the development of Individual Educational Plans (IEPs) for each special education student
● Recommends to support staff, classroom teachers, parents and district personnel appropriate diagnostic/instructional services for individuals with exceptional needs
● Provides consultative and resource services in program and curriculum planning, research, and program evaluation for special projects involving students with exceptional needs within the school and at the district level
● Assist school site staff to fully utilize SEIS, the district online IEP system
● Attend IEP’s that may require more restrictive placements (NPS, day treatment) or additional services (such as additional adult support or door to door transportation)
● Utilize IEP agenda when attending IEP’s as indicated above
● Attend mediations and due process proceedings as needed
● Attend weekly meetings at EPC to review assignment issues and concerns
● Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
The length of the work year for all teachers is 184 days of service, except department heads and deans/head counselors have 189 days of service. Principal expectations vary by school site. You may access and read individual school profiles and academic plans at the following link: www.sfusd.edu/schools.
● Valid Special Education Credential with Autism and English Learner Authorization required.
● Bachelor’s degree, including all courses to meet credential requirements.
● Knowledge of The Individual with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Compliant IEP practices, and best practices for instructional strategies, modifications and accommodations.
● Two years’ successful instructional experience in a special education role.
● Have recent classroom experience with minimum of five (5) years of teaching experience in special education.
● Be able to travel to multiple sites during the day/week.
SFUSD is committed to attracting and retaining the best educators in the nation. Benefits of teaching in San Francisco include:
- Competitive salaries determined by experience, education level, and credentials
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance for teachers and their eligible dependents
- City and state programs for housing assistance:
- Teacher Next Door Program: http://sf-moh.org/index.aspx?page=287
- Extra Credit Home Purchase Program: http://www.treasurer.ca.gov/cdlac/applications/applications.asp?app=ecthpp
- Additional salary stipend of $5000 for National Board Certified teachers
- Additional salary stipend of $2000 for credentialed teachers teaching in high need schools and a $1000 stipend for teachers teaching high need subject areas
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Go to: www.sfusd.edu/jobs
- Create an account and complete an application.
- Go to the “Apply to Jobs” tab to view and apply for specific openings.
Please check back often to connect your application to specific openings as they are posted. Applicants will be contacted based on the needs of the district. For more information about careers at SFUSD, please visit www.sfusdjobs.org. For more information about SFUSD’s mission and Strategic Plan please visit www.sfusd.edu. For other questions, contact us at email@example.com.
San Francisco Unified School District is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. SFUSD does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.