About Project Sunshine:
Project Sunshine is a New York City headquartered organization that brings the healing power of play to children and families who are coping with medical challenges. Over 19,000 trained volunteers deliver programs that provide opportunities for creative expression, socialization, intellectual stimulation, and sensory integration — ensuring childhood remains a place of wonder. Project Sunshine partners with over 400 medical facilities across the U.S. and in four international locations, serving more than 175,000 pediatric patients and families.
In 2020 we expanded to deliver a third channel of program, TelePlay, which provides live, interactive play and activities over Zoom. For the first time we are able to serve children and families directly, in addition to our partnerships with hospitals around the world.
About the Associate Manager Position: The primary role of the Associate Manger is to support and enhance the organization’s vibrant college and community volunteer program and our partnerships with medical facilities across the country. This includes maintaining and improving volunteer chapter success by motivating and building mission-driven spirit, encouraging strong connections to Project Sunshine headquarters and building new relationships with universities, cities and partners. This position offers an excellent opportunity for a person passionate about volunteerism, public service, and partnership management.
· Manage Project Sunshine’s Nationwide Volunteer Program
· Provide ongoing support for chapter leadership to retain chapters year over year and drive strong volunteer satisfaction. This includes providing leadership training, team building, and additional support.
· Build and cultivate authentic and strong relationships with Chapter leaders, volunteers, and medical/nonprofit partners to ensure continuous open dialogue, formal and informal feedback loops, and joint recognition of areas of improvement and potential for growth
· Support chapters with ongoing requirements, which include (1) In-person programs at medical facilities and nonprofits with corresponding program reports, (2) TelePlay programs with hospitals with corresponding program session reports (3) fundraisers, (4) leadership transitions (as needed).
· Support on programmatic outreach and recruitment to assist the overall growth and engagement of chapters across the United States.
· Respond to inquiries from new volunteers and hospital partners; facilitate the founding of new chapters.
· Conduct disciplinary action against non-compliant chapters (probation and closures).
· Coordinate special projects and events
· Support organizational initiatives for Monthly Volunteer Recognition, National Volunteer Month, Child Life Month, and others.
· Facilitate special projects as they arise.
About Project Sunshine:
Project Sunshine is a New York City headquartered organization that brings the healing power of play to children and families who are coping with medical challenges. Over 19,000 trained volunteers deliver…
· Collaborative team member who enjoys working with diverse groups of people.
Project Sunshine values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Project Sunshine is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to HR2@projectsunshine.org with “Volunteer Engagement Associate Manager” in the subject line.
Project Sunshine values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities…