40 West 20th St., 6th floor
Start date: ASAP
Reporting to the Director of AmeriCorps Residency Programs, the Coordinator will work to support aspiring educators in one of the country’s largest teacher residency programs. The position will play an important role in running Relay's AmeriCorps programs in Camden, Connecticut, Chicago, Dallas-Fort-Worth, Houston, Memphis, Nashville, New York, Newark, San Antonio, and Washington, DC. The Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining AmeriCorps timekeeping documents and submitting fiscal reports. This role will work closely with the Director of AmeriCorps Residency Programs to ensure the uniform implementation of Relay's AmeriCorps grants across the country. In addition, the position will have the opportunity to travel to AmeriCorps grant meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Director of AmeriCorps Residency Programs in research, data collection, and revisions for AmeriCorps program reporting requirements, and other grant administration
- Submit monthly and quarterly periodic expense reports to AmeriCorps commissions
- Maintain AmeriCorps member timekeeping systems
- Deliver timely, error-free, clear, and helpful communication to Relay AmeriCorps members
- Prepare, audit, and maintain AmeriCorps member files to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Track enrollment and exit paperwork for Relay's AmeriCorps members
- Organize, rename, and digitally file member file documents
- Complete National Sex Offender Public Website (NSOPW) searches on new AmeriCorps members
- Invite, enroll, and exit Relay AmeriCorps members in the eGrants portal
- Assist in service event planning across campuses
- Participate in service events periodically throughout the year
- Attend program manager meetings as needed. Ability to travel overnight required
- All other duties as required and assigned
First and foremost, the Coordinator of AmeriCorps Residency Programs must share Relay’s sense of urgency about the need to improve student achievement through phenomenal teacher and leader training.
Additionally, candidates for the position must have the following:
- Engagement with mission-driven organization and/or extracurricular activity; prior AmeriCorps service experience a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills with a service-oriented mentality
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently, intensely, and within an entrepreneurial environment
- A demonstrated passion for urban education and closing the opportunity gap
- Authorization to work in the United States
Relay offers a competitive salary and benefits package for full-time employees.
Relay Graduate School of Education provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply directly on our website (relay.edu): https://relay.edu/browse-jobs?gh_jid=1423588