40 West 20th Street
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 500 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana and Beijing.
Under the direction of the Deputy Director of Membership, the Lead Associate for Leadership Giving willwould be responsible for all cultivation and solicitation of the approximately 7,000 direct mail and online Members in NRDC’s Council of 1000 who give approximately $6 million annually in gifts of $1,000-$4,999.99. Additionally, he or she would be responsible for the management of fundraising mailings to our highest-level membership donors, The President’s Circle, who also bring in over $6 million annual in gifts of $5000+ among other tasks.
- Coordinate each of the 8 – 10 solicitation mailings to Council of 1000 and President Circle Donors.
- Coordinate annual report listings for our $500+ Members
- Manage regular phone briefings for NRDC Members and activists
- Point of contact for all stock inquiries via website, phone and email.
- Together with the Membership Gift Officers, identify top prospects by gathering and using the appropriate donor research to understand historical giving patterns, organizational and environmental interests, and ability to give to maximize donor relationships and provide appropriate opportunities for further stewardship and giving.
- Create library of content and coordinate with Membership gift officers to share with top prospects with specific interests.
- Work closely with Deputy Director of Membership and Membership gift officers to plan and execute member events for leadership Members in New York and regional offices.
- Oversee the production of acknowledgments for Council of 1000.
- Directly supervise assistant who assists with the weekly acknowledgments and leadership giving data entry
- Work with gift processing team on the processing of donations from Council of 1000 Members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 years fundraising or related experience
- Enthusiastic, outgoing, and can handle simultaneous, ongoing projects
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills to engage and cultivate relationships with donors along the pipeline
- Efficient multi-tasker and flexible in working towards philanthropy goals
- Working knowledge of computer databases and Microsoft Office is required
- Keen interest in nature and the environment is preferred
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to iCIMS Customer Care at 1-800-889-4422.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org
Minimum Education Required