Specialist, Sustainable Ranching Initiative, South Dakota (NGP Program) - 21041
Regular# of Openings:
Remote - South DakotaOverview
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Specialist for the Sustainable Ranching Initiative, based out of South Dakota. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Specialist provides technical expertise to develop, prioritize, and coordinate projects for the Sustainable Ranching Initiative (SRI) and coordinates measuring progress toward program goals. Implements projects to protect and restore grasslands and improve grassland management with the ranching community and communicates results to a wide variety of stakeholders. Grows existing capacity-building efforts. Assists with fundraising proposals and initiatives, as needed.Responsibilities
- Conduct outreach with landowners in western South Dakota to inform them of WWF programs and identify participants who may be a good fit for WWF’s programs.
- Build and maintain relationships with local and regional ranching partner organizations and government agencies like NRCS, USFWS, and others.
- Coordinate implementation, monitoring, and reporting for programs intended to restore grasslands and improve grassland management across western South Dakota, including tracking progress in conjunction with the science team.
- Manage administrative functions to support program and project management by responding to requests for oral and written information, including tracking outcomes related to sub-grants.
- Communicate results to local and regional audiences through a variety of channels, and provide perspective and technical insights to the Program Manager as needed/requested.
- In coordination with the SRI Program Manager, assist in fundraising, including providing content for proposals and reporting on progress.
- Other responsibilities assigned by manager.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in program management, biodiversity conservation, natural resources management or range management.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required in a relevant field, such as natural resources management, environmental science, or conservation policy. A graduate degree in a related field is preferred and may substitute for some years of experience.
- Experience working with ranchers required.
- Knowledge of Northern Great Plains, and specifically South Dakota is required.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise good judgement. Willingness and ability to think outside the box, be innovative, and work with ranchers across the spectrum.
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both one-on-one and in a group setting.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration.
- Must be willing to travel as necessary within the NGP region, but specifically within western South Dakota, which may be up to 25-50%.
- The person in this role must be based out of South Dakota
- Applicants are encouraged to apply by Monday, March 15th. Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #21041
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/da5YPmSnMZabtP6wIADP4" />