The mission of Fred’s Footsteps is to provide a bridge of financial support for working families in the greater Philadelphia region who find themselves in crisis due to the costs associated with caring for a seriously ill, injured, or disabled child.
The Director of Development works to promote charitable giving and engagement with all members of the Fred’s Footsteps community through the cultivation, stewardship, and recognition of its donors. They are responsible for implementing a multi-faceted fundraising program that supports the organization’s strategic vision and overseeing initiatives that build
and strengthen relationships with constituents. They are responsible for managing and optimizing development operations processes to maintain data integrity, increase
revenue, and steward donors.
Employee Classification: Exempt, 12 months
Hours: 30 hours/week to be fulfilled in the Bryn Mawr office (work from home hours to be approved by position’s boss)
Reports to: Executive Director (ED)
Oversight and responsibilities:
- Creates and implements a forward-looking, multi-faceted development plan, drawing on data analytics and metrics to set goals, develop strategy, and assess outcome.
- Attends Board of Director’s meetings and is the critical leadership member of the Development Committee of the board. Prepares reports and provides strategic guidance on fundraising for the ED and Board.
- Participates in strategic planning.
- Directs strategies to secure annual, major, planned and capital gifts, and fundraising for diverse needs of the organization.
- Oversees activities related to prospect research, donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, ensuring a systematic approach to working with donors.
- Actively cultivates, solicits and stewards new prospects, with goals of mobilizing significant levels of support from donors, and building a pipeline of support for the organization.
- Works to identify untapped capacity within the donor base and seeks out ways to increase giving through gift opportunities.
- Supports and facilitates the Executive Director’s involvement and leadership in fundraising. Collaborates with the ED on key issues. Provides guidance and support for the ED and board members in all their fundraising responsibilities.
- Maintains active and productive relationships with board members, donors and key volunteers.
- Assist in planning and execution of all fundraising events.
- Oversees systems for prospecting, research, and pipeline development. Conducts prospect research in support of major and annual giving programs. Maintains the integrity of the database, and ensures consistent and accurate data entry and processes. Ensures the security, confidentiality, and accuracy of donor records.
- Liaises with operations office to maintain accurate financial records and support the audit process.
- Supports community/program events.
- Manage all current grants and research new grant opportunities.
- Responsible for oversight of donor management software and donor information
- Occasional attendance at local events to promote the Fred’s Footsteps brand
- Other duties as assigned by the ED.
- Bachelor's degree plus at least 5 years of fundraising experience, preferably in health and human services setting.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in all MS Office products
- Collaborative, creative, positive, and growth-oriented mindset.
- Strong organization skills & high attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strategic, analytical thinker with a proactive approach to problem-solving and ongoing process improvement.
- Demonstrated ability in creating and promoting a collaborative and respectful team environment.
- High demonstrated emotional intelligence and the ability to be both a leader and collaborator
- Experience in staff, committee and volunteer management.
- Ability to listen well and respond to donor interests.
- Experience developing and maintaining productive and collaborative relationships.
- Experience with and facility using fundraising and/or CRM software.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Established record of database management (fundraising software preferred; Donorperfect experience highly desirable). Experience and facility using CRM software desired. Commitment to continually grow database management and CRM skills and explore new approaches and solutions.