198 East 121st Street
CASE MANAGER (EARLY MORNING TEAM)
The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people, invites applications for a case management position at the Street Outreach Program. CUCS is the lead support agency in the Manhattan Outreach Consortium (MOC) that uses the Housing First model. MOC is a coalition of neighborhood-based organizations working together to permanently house homeless people living on Manhattan streets.
Responsibilities: The Case Manager provides a full range of direct services to clients living on the streets and pursuing permanent housing. The Case Manager will work within an interdisciplinary team focusing on moving people off the streets of Upper Manhattan into permanent housing and successfully reintegrating into their communities. The Case Manager’s responsibilities will include outreach to clients living on the street as well assisting their caseload with obtaining permanent housing. The early morning case manager’s schedule is from 5:30am to 1:30pm. There is a Quarterly Overnight count all staff are expected to attend.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years relevant experience, or BSW and 1 year relevant experience, or HS Diploma and 6 years relevant experience (for Case manager 3). Bachelor’s Degree, or HS Diploma and 4 years relevant experience (for Case Manager 2). HS Diploma and 2 years experience (for Case Manager 1). For applicants without full degrees, every 30 credits can be substituted for one year of experience
• Applicants with Spanish language proficiency will be prioritized
• Must have valid driver’s license
Level of Language Proficiency
Applicants with Spanish language proficiency will be prioritized
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter to the following email address: Julia.Barth@cucs.org
- Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
- CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind