150 Broadway, Suite 1700
Humanities New York (HNY), the state affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities, seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant. Over the past four decades, HNY has been an innovator in the
realm of the public humanities, and we are looking for enthusiastic, creative thinkers to join our small but highly cooperative and dynamic team.
Reporting to the Development Officer, the Administrative Assistant provides support to development and communications teams, in addition to providing general administrative support. The Administrative Assistant will work collaboratively with the Development Officer, Communications Manager, and the Executive Director. Some travel and weekend or evening hours may be required.
● Supports the planning and execution of the annual fundraiser and special events
● Assists in institutional and individual funding research, as well as maintains an active list of prospective donors
● Aids in procuring sponsorships for special events
● Maintains a culture of prompt donor acknowledgement and ongoing engagement, by ensuring proper acknowledgment and proper recognition opportunities are extended to donors
● Assists with grant writing and final reports
● Supports the creation of the annual report and all related engagement collateral
● Maintains an updated database
● Performs other duties, as assigned
● Oversees day to day social media, executing campaigns with the Communications Manager (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
● Assists with content production for online and print
● Updates databases (Mail Chimp, File Maker, Fluxx, etc.)
● Generates and maintains mailing and emailing lists
● Researches target audiences for outreach
● Assists with data cleaning and analyzing
● Oversees office suite needs (e.g. replenishing stationary and supplies)
● Works with the Communications Manager to cultivate relationships
● An interest in the humanities, demonstrated through volunteer, professional, or educational experience.
● Eagerness to learn more about social media with a commitment to social issues and creative storytelling
● Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a strong attention to detail
● Proficiency in Microsoft Word (specifically, mail merge), Microsoft Suite programs, and Google Documents.
● Some experience with design and photography would be beneficial, or a willingness to learn.
● 1 year of internship or professional experience in fundraising, preferably in events and/or non-profit encouraged, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Some previous administrative work experienc
HNY provides a competitive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a letter of application and your resume by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on September 6th. The subject line of your email should read Your last name – Administrative, i.e. Smith – Adminstrative.
We are only seeking full time employees. No recruiters, please. No phone inquiries.
HNY is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds to apply.