Avaaz is searching for a brilliant, talented individual to work with Chief Technology Officer, Ben Boyd.
The dream candidate is an effective multi-tasker, assisting Ben with prioritisation and focus in an extremely fast-paced environment. A big thinker who is unafraid of taking initiative, while also able to maintain a sharp eye for detail. They would be able to act as a second pair of hands and eyes for Ben, ensuring he is thinking ahead, making time for high quality visioning for the future of Avaaz and its Tech team, and acting as an escalation point for Ben as necessary. This is a challenging and exciting position at the heart of one of the most innovative and promising public organisations in the world today. We’re looking for someone hungry and ready to learn, who will make the most of working closely with Avaaz’s CTO.
In addition to the work alongside Ben, this position will be a member of our Operations team. They will take on exciting projects within the larger organization, such as planning team retreats and organizing logistics for media stunts and campaign deliveries. This position offers a unique platform from which to develop and pursue large-scale social change efforts.
- Monitor Ben’s inbox, organise his priorities, and keep him on task throughout the day.
- Organise his calendar, meetings, travel, and other logistics under tight deadlines.
- Facilitate quick and easy communication between Ben and the rest of the team.
- Maintain and update highly confidential correspondence with professionalism and ease.
- Ensure effective and timely response to senior staff and external high level stakeholders.
- Providing administrative and personal assistance.
- Other organizational tasks as part of the Operations and Tech teams, including helping to plan bi-annual team retreats.
- Demonstrable passion and commitment to social justice.
- Great attention to detail, as well as excellent communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, Google mail and docs management experience preferred.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and requirements in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Strong self management skills and and resilience in dealing with challenges.
- Experience with modern HTML, CSS, and JS best practices are preferred, as are web client-side debugging skills.
- Project and product management experience.
- Passionate about Avaaz and affinity for globalist online grassroots campaigning.
The northern Atlanta, Georgia metro area, specifically the city of Roswell and surrounding areas, is preferred in order to work with Ben closely. Avaaz is a virtual organization, with much of our work done over email, telephone, and Skype. Our staff are based in cities all over the world and meet at team retreats twice per year. Remote support for Ben would be considered for an outstanding candidate.
Salary varies with experience, but is highly competitive with leading non-governmental organisations. Benefits also range with location, but include 5 weeks paid vacation per year.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English is a requirement, other languages are an asset.
Minimum Education Required