The mission of the Regional College and Career Director role is to lead College Track students to graduate with a bachelor’s degree within six years and embark on professional journeys of opportunity, choice, and power. They will lead a team of employees, including College Success Advisors and the Regional Partnerships Director, to ensure students matriculate to college, college students successfully persist, college students graduate within six years, and enter meaningful employment.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Visionary Leadership: Set the vision for the region’s evolving college advising practices in close collaboration with the Regional Partnerships Director.
- Team Leadership: Hire, manage, and lead a team of College Success Advisors and a Regional Partnerships Director to achieve high quality results aligned to the College Track’s college and career success goals.
- Collaboration: Closely work with counterparts across the organization, regional and national Development teams, and national Program and Organizational Performance teams to establish, maintain, and evaluate regional advising practices. This role will also specifically work with the Program team’s Dreamer Coordinator and Financial Programs/Scholarships department.
- Partnership Development: Manage the building and maintenance of relationships with support organizations, Universities, and employers to ensure ongoing student success. Collaborate with the National Partnerships Director and oversee/manage the Regional Partnerships Director to develop internship partnerships, university partnerships, campus cohorts, and other college-specific partnerships to ensure college students receive the support they need for long-term success.
- College Affordability/Scholarship Management: Ensure college student financial health by overseeing college student FAFSA completion and internal merit- and need-based scholarship administration
- Individualized Student Support: As needed, work directly with a caseload of college students as they transition to college life, work towards a bachelor's degree, and participate in career readiness opportunities.
- New Projects: Projects as assigned by the Regional Executive Director.
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum 4-year college degree; masters degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working with or advising college students and 3 years of developing and managing partnerships; history of driving significant gains in student achievement.
- Strong understanding of higher education, financial aid and career success.
- Experience in hiring, developing and supporting talent.
- Experience managing teams.
- Holds the highest expectations for students.
- Demonstrated success in motivating, influencing and managing staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective at relationship building with students, families, and community, college and corporate partners.
- Track record of success in strategy development and/or project planning.
- Empathetic approach to challenging conversations.
- Strong experience using student data to make strategic shifts to support college success
- Familiarity and experience working with student populations similar to those served by College Track.
- Focuses on delivering outcomes despite obstacles, seeks out challenges as opportunities to grow, takes unexpected setbacks in stride, and is able to galvanize self towards goals and impact
- A deep understanding, and commitment to low-income and first-generation students.