11 Davis Avenue
Long Island Children’s Museum (LICM), Garden City, New York, is a not-for-profit interactive learning laboratory that inspires children and adults to explore and discover new things in 14 exhibit galleries featuring interdisciplinary, hands-on, fun experiences. We are seeking an Assistant to work in the Development Department to provide administrative support for all aspects of fundraising including special events and annual appeals. The position will provide opportunities to learn donor relations, benefit fulfillment, department administration and interdepartmental collaboration.
The ideal candidate should have 1-3 years’ experience in an office environment, non-profit and fundraising experience a plus. An undergraduate degree in a discipline related to communications, public relations, marketing or English is required. This position requires a highly organized individual with strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point and internet research. The position will also require strong writing skills with attention to detail, neatness and accuracy a must. Candidate should have a pleasant and comfortable phone manner. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter and have the ability to work as a team member on multiple projects simultaneously in a creative and energetic environment. Knowledge of Altru and social media platforms also a plus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with administrative tasks including:
- Writing acknowledgement and solicitation letters
- Mail merges and sending out mailings for solicitations and annual appeals
- Assisting with donor tracking and benefits fulfillment
- Maintaining donor records and files
- Prospect Research:
- Assist in identifying new sponsors, donors, partnership opportunities for Museum advancement
- Research and identify current trends in fundraising methods on-line
- Assisting with all aspects of the planning and execution of fundraising events including:
- Compiling solicitation lists, preparing and implementing mailings
- Follow-up phone calls and emails to prospective donors
- Tracking donations
- Solicitation of in-kind donations for Museum events and annual silent auction
- Procuring appropriate vendors for events
This position provides an exciting and fulfilling opportunity to be involved in an institution that has become locally and nationally recognized in the field of Children’s Museums. LICM has strong ties to the community and seeks to expand its capacity through increasing support and partnerships with the goal of continued dedication to support all children and families on Long Island. LICM’s Board of Trustees is comprised of influential individuals who are dedicated to the success and growth of the Museum and its important mission, vision and strategic plan.
2-3 days per week; flexible schedule.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to: Human Resources Department, Long Island Children’s Museum, 11 Davis Avenue, Garden City, NY 11530; or e-mail to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
THE LONG ISLAND CHILDREN’S MUSEUM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.